Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Your Best Anti-theft Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2002, 04:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<< To start, I have a 65 lbs female pitbull that will attack a shadow in the night, but I also use a HD railroad type chain and lock. The chain is 10' long, the link thickness is literally 1/2&quot;-5/8&quot;, is rubber coated and weighs 75+ lbs, through the frame and to a piece of I-beam I welded to the ceiling I-beam support, connected to a lock that is the biggest heaviest lock I have ever seen in my life. If they can manage to burn the chain or lock off, without my dog hearing them, they've earned it! >>

D@mn swytak !

Old 06-19-2002, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider

Mine is sitting on a trailer, in my drive, next to the road, all day and night. lol

Honestly, i dont even know where the keys to my house are. We have lived here for over a year, and i have never locked the doors (on purpose!).

We have accidently locked ourselves out of the house a couple of times...thank god for a back door. lol

I have insurance on the quads...and if anyone wanted it, they would take it, no matter what ya do to it.

Jonathan

Old 06-19-2002, 07:47 PM
Range Rover

I would always chain my Kodiak up outback. I work at the jail, and two months ago one of the detectives walked by my door with a 5'long pair of bolt cutters. I then realized every good theif had a pair of these and my 3/8&quot; chain was no match. I have since left the car outside and the quad in the garage.

Old 06-19-2002, 10:32 PM
Trailblazer

I always sleep on my raptor.

Old 06-19-2002, 10:45 PM
Trailblazer

i use the cub, lol jk,

i have a couple of master locks that are immpossible to cut, they are put on the chain infront of the back sprockey and right behind the front sprocket on bottom, then their the garage, then if all else fails, the dessert eagle .50 will come out, but i wouldnt ever kill the dude, id just shoot em in the knees [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

jk in texas if u fire at someone to defend your property u mustkill them with 1 shot, or they can sue u (i think)

Old 06-19-2002, 10:56 PM
Range Rover

I keep mine in the garage with a custom built shed inside the garage with a lock on the door and inside shed the Banshee sits on a block of wood with all 4 tires off placed inside the house.

Lets see the b#$%Ards walk off with 400 pds dry weight, they wont get far with out tires and rims.

call me paranoid ?

Old 06-19-2002, 11:03 PM
Trailblazer

PARANOID!!!!!!!

Old 06-19-2002, 11:21 PM
Trailblazer

<< I keep mine in the garage with a custom built shed inside the garage with a lock on the door and inside shed the Banshee sits on a block of wood with all 4 tires off placed inside the house.

Lets see the b#$%Ards walk off with 400 pds dry weight, they wont get far with out tires and rims.

call me paranoid ?
>>

Damn, that is the best one I've heard yet.

Mine will be about 4 hand guns, 1 12 gauge and a locked garage. I am thinking about a laptop alarm that has one of those cables that once you pull the end from the device it sets off a siren. Loud enough to wake me up and the neighbors.

Old 06-19-2002, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

At least it really getting better and funny.......

I just put heavy duty cable to lock all three bike I have and put a lock on the rear sprocket of the raptor. Since I live in Apt. complex. so far so good till some moron decide he want one.

Even though I have insurance to cover 2 out of 3 that I have.

Bill

Old 06-19-2002, 11:52 PM
Range Rover

which one has no insurance, thats the one i'm coming to get.

Quick Reply: Your Best Anti-theft Ideas