Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

MY MX RAPTOR PICS

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2002, 12:11 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep thats him, Let me tell you a little kid about 9 years old or so getting roll design front end 2500, And a Sparks racing kit, And everything else he has on it. Im sure thats His son or somthing but come on give me a break "Is that you"

Old 06-23-2002, 12:26 AM
Range Rover

ok...to get my frame ready for painting...figure about 2-1/2 days....that's what it took me...if i had to strip the the raptor down to a bare frame again..i could do it in about 2 days now....

go for the 686 kit....i recommend the sparks kit...but the wait will kill you...Scott @ sparks told me the other day....1 year waiting time now for a 690 kit...

http://www.team-rpm.com/ is RPM's wed site.....if you want the swingarm setup that is on my raptor....call Jeremy at RPM....(phone number on site)....tell him...you want the raptor swingarm with the 250r setup....he will hook you up...the swingarm is the bomb...

how old am i?....33 years old.....the boy in the picture is my son...dylan...he is 6 years old....

....there are a bunch of us "over 30" riders that still can school the young bucks on the track....hehehehehehheh......we "over 30" riders tend to ride smarter and not harder..........

as Raptor690 stated...this kit and it doesnt depend on which kit you get...trinity, sparks, FST, CT racing...they all will be really fast....the torque and power that comes outta my motor now is for lack of a better word..."scary"....you have to know how to ride to really use the power...if you dont...your going to get really hurt....i feel my raptor could win the open b class in the NEATVMX series....it' me that is holding my quad back....i will get a 1st overall by the end of the season........that is my goal for this year.......

Old 06-23-2002, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider

<< we &quot;over 30&quot; riders tend to ride smarter and not harder.......... >>

I should learn to do that.

Old 06-23-2002, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider

herbdon,

I Private mailed you a few days ago asking a question about using the thumb throttle instead of a twist for the FCR's, but you never replied.

So I'm hoping for an answer this time around if you would?

I need to know what throttle cable is being used to continue the use of the thumb throttle. I don't want to use a twist, but am unsure what cable is going to work.

Are your FCR's set-up with a center pull throttle off the carb or side? Did you use the stock throttle cable or another? If another cable, please explain what it is from.

My motor will be back shortly and I need any and all help I can get regarding the throttle. Thanks!

Swy