Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

what are the raptors good for??

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2002, 10:24 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alot of people say that the 400 ex, z400,cannondale handle better than the raptr and power is close with all. on the other hand alot of people say the raptor is the best at everything. Sooo, what makes the raptor the ultimate quad??

I love my raptor. It is piped and jetted with lots of other parts. I couldnt be happier. I havent ridden the others yet. curious so I can help my other buddies that are buying quads soon. thanx!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-23-2002, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

That is a huge question, with no real answer without getting into a lot of oppinions and speculations. It is like everything in life, you need to stay with in your means. Money plays a big part in choosing a quad. It sounds like the Z400 may be an execelent bang for your buck.

I too am very happy with my Raptor, but the guys that I run with have pushed me to a higher perfomance level than I had planned on going to. I have learned a lot, but it has cost me $$ too.

This stuff is argued out here everyday.

Bottom line is:
1) Buy what you can afford.
2) Buy from a dealer that you can trust or learn to do the work yourself.
3) Try to buy something that will handle MORE than you plan on doing. Because as you progress you will find yourself doing those things you never thought you would.
4) Listen to your friends OPPINIONS and choose for yourself what is right for you.
5) This one is probably the most important one of all....DON'T LISTEN TO A WORD THAT CORNDOG SAYS.

See Ya

GregV

Old 06-23-2002, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

The Raptor is a very good all around quad because it's narrow for trails, has decent stock power for racing although the gearing seems a bit "wrong", good in the dunes, and basic mods are supposed to get good amount of power.

Old 06-23-2002, 11:57 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Raptors are basically just good to sit on. Sometimes I even start mine up.

Chet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-24-2002, 12:03 AM
The Facility

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-24-2002, 12:12 AM
RIP Dear Friend

KNOWSALOT,

I do know one thing now that the battery for the 98 Honda 300 4x4 is the same one thats in the Raptor.

Thanks again for the Battery help.

Also the Raptor looks good in the garage next to the Z28.

Chet

Old 06-24-2002, 12:29 AM
Trailblazer

alot of people seem to think the only thing the raptor has is power. then they turn around and say it has too much power.too tippy, heavy, etc.

Its not too much power for me!! I love it. The power band couldnt be better. Sure feels like it handles good too. I had no problem making ruts in all the corners. my buddy on the 300 ex said he kept falling in my rutz.

Old 06-24-2002, 01:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

<< Sooo, what makes the raptor the ultimate quad?? >>

You already answered that question with this statement.

<< I love my raptor. It is piped and jetted with lots of other parts. I couldnt be happier. >>

The ultimate quad is the one that makes you happy everytime you ride it.

Old 06-24-2002, 04:07 AM
RIP Dear Friend

Heck far,

The Raptor is almost as good as skakie puddin.

Its much more fun than driving your new 2002 car over a shunk.

I mean if your lucky enough to tip over!!! Tell em you did it on a Raptor.

They will for sure go WOW!!!!!

Chet

Old 06-24-2002, 09:50 AM
Trailblazer

I was hoping you guys would give me some new info on the raptor. I looked at ALL of the other quads available and decided on the RAPTOR. I know it is the best and offers the most and is one sweet machine. I know exactly why I bought my raptor. I was lookin to hear &quot;the raptor is the best for trail riding or jumping, maximum hp with mods,etc. I want to know what it is best at instead of who can beat it. I am just trying to learn something here.

It helped me in my decision to hear every brand compared to the raptor. the raptor is the mark that every else wants to hit. but in exactly what catagories??

Quick Reply: what are the raptors good for??