Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

VELOCITYRAPTOR Bites Dust and Does a Superman Impersonation!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2002, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check this out! Velocity and I are Ridin Buddies as you all know. well this is how the day went. We agree to meet at the local ridin park today. Velocity had some work done on his "Tuned" machine he just got it back today. So we meet @ 9 am, an after I "Worked" the Security Guard over to get Velocity in without a registered machine we get in. Well he's got his ride polished all the hell up, I mean he's got that wet wheel stuff on it plastic polished and the whole nine yards. I mean this thing is all dolled up. Well we spot the first race, a Banshee with alot of stickers and piped. We unload and head to the flats.
The flats are like this, you got a straight way about a 100 feet wide and 275-300' long.
well at the end of this is them pilings that are like telephone poles buried in the groung for barges to tie off to in the old days. This is an old River Bottom on the Missouri River. There's about 12 of these things, going across the width of the run.
Well firstly Velocity and Myself line em up. We both wheelied out of the hole shot and yes he beat me. That "Tuned" Raptor is the Fastest Raptor I've seen to date! Period!!!
It sounds like a F**King NASCAR Car. Well so we line up against the Banshee we get a start off from this seven year kid. Velocity wheelies and has to let out and I miss second we had to do a rerun. So now we are at about 9:15 am. we get this dude on a Polaris to start the three of us. We line up and fire off I'mm looking over and I see Velocity wheely out again. I'm out in the lead and the Banshee is behind me, I don't see Velocity but I can hear him comin up on us FAST. I brake and come slidin to a stop and then the Banshee does the same. Well we see Velocity Come slidin by us and goin right for the Pilings he ain't stoppin for nothin, I guess he was Hell bent on catchin up and he would have. However, them there pilings got in the way. He steers through the and did'nt see the 1' section sticking outta the ground and another one laying horizontally in the grass. He hits the horizontal piling and the suspension took that awesomly didn't even bust or bend the A arms. These things are a foot in diameter.Well his foot peg gets hooked on the big piling his machine comes CRASHING to a stop. All I see is his *** goin over the bars HARD, he looked just like a Drunk Superman arms all flailin around and ****.
We run over to him and he was'nt movin at all, I thought he was freekin Dead. I had to shake him outta it. Well his first words are "Is my Machine all right"? I said yeah it's good. I did'nt mind lying to a Dead guy. Well he gets up and his jaw which he flaps constantly is swollin and his head is cut and bleeding but he's alive. I go get his pretty polished up and Roached ride. I thought he just tore up the footpeg, he ripped it off, blew out a tire, bent his axle, and busted his NutZ(Inside Joke) off the *** of the Machine. Not too mention banged up his pride. He's alright though, as for the Superman impression it was about an 8 he was foppin in the air quite abit. The Form was good though. I towed him back and loaded her up on the trailer. All he could say with blood dripping out of his head is "Man Rob that things Fast" I said, "Yeah, it'll be alot faster when you learn how to ride it". Velocity's day of riding was concluded after 17 minutes of starting it. Remember Kids, getting it to go Fast is only half the Battle. Getting the B!tch stopped before you crash into Barge Pilings is the other half!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who loves ya Jay![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2002, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider

Cool story, nut you know your only asking (screaming) for trouble from Velocity after he reads this. But I'm sure you knew that. Ha ha[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2002, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider

Geez zombie, it never siezes to amaze me how you always says some of the funniest **** I have ever heard day in and day out. Im sure velocity will have a few good words to say about this one though.

Old 07-01-2002, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider

I was knocked out for a good ten seconds and the scary thing about it was I didn't see any great white light.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I never knew you could bend an axle so bad, my right rear tire was rubbing my heal saver if that gives you an any idea. And I never thought you could break a foot peg completely in half. Anyways this little incident will end up costing me about $700.00. So if anyone says drag racing isnt dangerous they can kiss my @ss.

Old 07-01-2002, 01:29 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Well now that velocityraptor has responded and i know that he is not dead, man i would have let Zombie win that race.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
That was too dam funny.

Old 07-01-2002, 01:49 AM
Pro Rider

No I'm not dead, but I'm sure I'll feel like it in morning. I take this drag racing $hit to seriously and some times I pay the price (with my @ss plus repairs). Zombie and myself will line up against anyone and it's nothing personal from that point on. We'll shake hands and be friends when it's all said and done.

14mins, Looks like you guys had a great time down there in Aledo! Zombie and I would of loved to of been there to support the Raptor ban wagon and add some competition to those what sounds to be incredibly fast DSs. Hopefully we can make it next time around.

Old 07-01-2002, 02:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Jay- there were 2 DS's that put a whipping on all the raptors. We had 686 raptors on pump gas, 686 on alky, 673 on alky, lots of piston cams combo's. We did well against all the rest of the DS's with piston/cam combos. Those 2 DS had lots of $$$$$$$ in them.

Old 07-01-2002, 02:58 AM
Pro Rider

D@MN Jay you are gonna have to put a parachute on that thing!! LOL!! JK
I'm glad you weren't hurt worse!
Are you & your Raptor gonna be healed up for the Atoka/Sahara trip? It's less than 6 weeks away?

We have a Long shut down area at Atoka so you don't need to rush to put the chute on!!
Sand is a lot nicer to crash on than dirt!!

Get Well Soon Buddy!!

Moose

Old 07-01-2002, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider

velocity, if you have insurance you may be covered less your deductable [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2002, 06:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

LOL! Velocity, Are you sure your not from Texas? Cause you drag race JUST LIKE THEM THERE TEXANS!!! I cant wait to get us all together in Atoka and at Little Sahara(Its gonna be FUN FUN!!!)

Biggerisbetter.

P.S. Zombie, You tell a good story.

Quick Reply: VELOCITYRAPTOR Bites Dust and Does a Superman Impersonation!!!!