Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

VELOCITYRAPTOR Bites Dust and Does a Superman Impersonation!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2002, 07:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone run anytype of race fuel with you 686?? What were the results. I added 1/2 gal CAM-2 110 octane right into my tank of premium 93 octane and it filled my tank (that was just to give you an idea of the ratio). I think it may have caused me some sputtering problems.

Has anyone had any luck & was it worth it??

Old 07-01-2002, 09:14 PM
Range Rover

Hey Jay,
Glad all is well besides a few bumps and bruises and only semi minor damage of Raptor.If you do that again going to have to get a 400ex (ha ha)
Don't Mess With No More Banshees..Digger

Old 07-03-2002, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider

<< Does anyone run anytype of race fuel with you 686?? What were the results. I added 1/2 gal CAM-2 110 octane right into my tank of premium 93 octane and it filled my tank (that was just to give you an idea of the ratio). I think it may have caused me some sputtering problems.

Has anyone had any luck &amp; was it worth it??
>>

Greg, I run VP C-25 (118 octane) and yes it makes a big difference. I run 12-5-1 compression and tried various fuels and the C-25 proved best via the dyno.

14mins, by the sounds of those two DSs you speak of, they were monsters. There arent any tricked DSs around here (nothing more than stage threes). But I'm sure there are some monsters out there. The only competition I have around here is alky and turboed Banshees, and trust me their hard core around here when It comes to the Banshee and three hundred foot sand drags. And I promise you I don't beat many alky and turboed banshees. At our last sand drag competition a guy showed up with a turbo banshee that had a minimum of 155rwhp if that gives you any clue of the kind of $hit I have to put up with [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

Themoose, No I havent installed the parachute yet.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I think part of the problem I'm having is knowing when to say when and letting off the throttle.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] I'm going to have to get some drag 101 lessons from you and Vilnrk when I come down there.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] And yes I'll be ready for August, I'll be back up and running in about a week. I Have a 300' dirt drag competition coming up the 20th of this month and I'll bring my digital camera and send you and 14mins some footage.

Biggerisbetter, Yes I was raised in Texas for a matter of fact, LOL ! I think my problem is hanging out with guys like Zombie, 14mins, and themoose. These guys are a bad influence on me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]J/K. But I will say that there is a such thing as to much horse power.

Blueleader, Yes I have insurance, but my deductable is $400.00 so It will still end up costing me about $400.00 which isnt bad considering the damage. I think my pride was hurt most.

Fastn2002, yes the hopped up banshees are almost impossible to beat![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] But I have run down a few 420s which isnt bad for a thumper. P.S. Do you have any stocker foot pegs off your old raptor that you would like to sell?

Old 07-03-2002, 11:55 PM
Range Rover

<< Remember Kids, getting it to go Fast is only half the Battle. Getting the B!tch stopped before you crash into Barge Pilings is the other half!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who loves ya Jay![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] >>

Im still laughing at that!!,

at least your alive,