Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

This is for the troubleshooting GODS!!! HELP, broke griz

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2002, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, we can eliminate the carb...took one off another bike and it STILL is not running right. So that takes care of points, jets, floats, etc.

CDI was swap'd out too, no luck there.

I am at a total loss to what it could be. All i know is, i am losing riding time!!!! Grrrr

I am calling Yamaha Cust. Support and see what they say.

Think it is time to go above the dealer and see if they will either get the bike fixed or give me another one.

Jonathan

Old 07-02-2002, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider

Does anyone have another # for Yamaha?

The one that i have is 800-962-7926.

Thanks

Jonathan

Old 07-02-2002, 02:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I would first clean the spark arrestor....then I would check the carb boots for possible tears / rips.

Old 07-02-2002, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider

Check the snorkel going off of the airbox. My cousin's grizz would run like crap until he gave it pretty good throttle then it would die when he let off the gas. The snorkel had some obstruction in it and was not allowing air to pass through. Just something to check.

JaMeS

Old 07-02-2002, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider

We have checked all things listed above....and beyond.

They are draining the gas tank (go figure, should have been done first) but i dont think it will help anyways.

I finally got through to Yamaha Cust support. The lady is giving the dealership free nextday air for any parts they need and also paying for a renal...THAT's RIGHT...a rental for me.

I was told, if this cannot be resolved, then they are going to have a factory rep call and if he and the dealer think it cant be fixed, they are going to let me have a new one. WE WILL SEE!

I told the dealer to just credit me for the rental, as i am afraid that i would "break" thier quad, either by wrecking or just pure luck [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

So now i will have a little credit for extra's when the time comes, even if they do get the bike fixed! They only allow 150.00 for rental (that's one day, 100$ everyday after to rent here), which i thought was kind of unfair. If my bike is in the shop for 2 weeks, i only get ONE day rental?

Anyways, bike is broke D*ck and i am without a ride....well sorta, hehe, still have the wife's bike to toodle around on ( i hate it, STOCK) lol

Will let ya'll know what's up, but i doubt i will hear anything till after the 4th weekend. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Jonathan

Old 07-02-2002, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider

Well, I will say one thing, sounds like Yamaha is taking care of their customers. Sorry about your bike, but sounds like they are really trying to give good customer service. I like that. I am sure they will find it.

Old 07-02-2002, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider

hey jonathan,
i cant beleave the FIRST thing they didn't do was replace the gas!!! bad gas will not allow revving, or easy starting! if it has just a bit of water in it, it will start though, but wont run worth a ****. as for your dealership, i think there all that then some! sounds like yamaha is taking good care of you, in the best ways!!! my dealer wont even get my parts ordered right.( 5 times i ordered from them, 5 times they got it wrong!!!) so a good relationship with yamaha and your dealer is worth its weight in gold!!! i hope you get your quad back soon though, so you can race some grizzly, literally!!!lol. i am trying to get mine back on the trails soon too. just too dam hot out there to get it all back together.

my pictures

Old 07-02-2002, 08:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

Have you swapped the coil and or the timing trigger

Old 07-03-2002, 02:06 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like a jetting issue to me.

Old 07-03-2002, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider

THE RESULTS ARE IN!

Here it goes....

The dealer started to RE-check everything that was already done. We were at a point that it had to be something that was overlooked or not checked properly. Well guess what....that was exactly the case.

The VALVES are the winner! One lil ole valve was out of adjustment (a little tight) and was causing the problem. That is ALL that we did today, and the bike is now running like day one. The limiters will be removed by evening, and i am going RIDING!

Yamaha is still sending the dealer 150 bucks for a rental for me and i am going to use it to buy me something. Now i just have to figure out what the best purchase i can get for 150? Any recommendations? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Thanks all for the comments and help.

OH YAH, Yamaha is still covering this under warranty. There is a heat shield fix for the 02 grizzly's and i recommend that EVERYONE call to get this. It should be a service bulletin but ISNT.

I will start another post of what everyone with a griz should be calling yammy about....ie: add-ons for fixing lil problems.

Jonathan

Quick Reply: This is for the troubleshooting GODS!!! HELP, broke griz