Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Naked Rabbits Dancing in the Rain

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 02:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually this post has nothing to do with naked rabbits, but I figured more people would look at it...therefore the chance of me getting a response is greater.....Well, Saturday night my Wolverine decided that it wanted to be a front wheel drive vehicle. I took my rear-end apart and the shaft spins in the ring gear. So it looks like it is time for a new axle(worn splines). Does anybody know a place to get an aftermarket axle cheaper than Durablue (and those other racing axles). I don't use my quad for jumping...99% of the time I just use it to haul me and my ice-chest around.....usually just poking along in the river bottoms...another interesting thing I discovered while taking the rear end appart...the rear brakes were very hard to remove...it was like the brakes had locked up on the rotor...Any help would be greatly appreciated.....
P.S. I would also like to apologize to anyone that had their hopes up...expecting to see naked rabbits dancing in the rain.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2002, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider

<< Actually this post has nothing to do with naked rabbits, but I figured more people would look at it...therefore the chance of me getting a response is greater.....Well, Saturday night my Wolverine decided that it wanted to be a front wheel drive vehicle. I took my rear-end apart and the shaft spins in the ring gear. So it looks like it is time for a new axle(worn splines). Does anybody know a place to get an aftermarket axle cheaper than Durablue (and those other racing axles). I don't use my quad for jumping...99% of the time I just use it to haul me and my ice-chest around.....usually just poking along in the river bottoms...another interesting thing I discovered while taking the rear end appart...the rear brakes were very hard to remove...it was like the brakes had locked up on the rotor...Any help would be greatly appreciated.....
P.S. I would also like to apologize to anyone that had their hopes up...expecting to see naked rabbits dancing in the rain.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
>>

Hahaha funny way to get people to look

Old 07-08-2002, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider

i cant help ya out with your questions. but, now i will be sitting here all night just wondering what might have been with the rabbets, lmao!!! good luck trying to figure it all out.

my pictures

Old 07-09-2002, 10:01 AM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not real sure about where to get the axle,but I may be able to help with the brake problem. Have you ever ridden with the parking brake on? My 95 got a couple of short rides with it on,ended up warping the rotor,I replaced that,and still had brake problems. I took the caliper completely apart,and found the internals on the parking brake,a piston and spring assembly,had rusted up,the heat from the parking brake had fried the seal and allowed water in,corroding everything inside.I ended up getting a new caliper(not cheap)probably could have gotten by with used,almost all rear disc calipers are the same on all quads,just mount different. Anyway,you may need to take yours apart,be careful not to rip any of the rubber boots on the bolts and back of the brake,and check to see if the big internal spring that pulls the piston back off the rotor has rusted up,this would make it hang up and drag,hope this helps you out.

Old 07-10-2002, 12:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

On the brake thing.....the parking brake was not on....I have it disabled...along with that thingamagig that won't allow it to start in gear unless you pull the brake handle....I am thinking more that the fluid got low and that little rubber thingy in the brake fluid holder formed somewhat of a vaccum and locked the brakes tight...but who knows...

Old 07-10-2002, 12:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

Update on that axle thing....I went ahead and ordered one from the Yamaha shop....$230+tax+new bearings...not too bad...alot cheaper than a Durablue (which I know is better quality)....but I don't need that much quality...