Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Just found my BACKYARD

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2002, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to pick the griz up today and bring it home to play with the bypasses, but on the way, i took a lil detour (was riding the bike back, not towing).

There is a small railroad grade that crosses my street but is blocked off to the west. I headed east just to see how far down it went. Well, this track heads right behind my house where there is an old abandoned GRAVEL PIT! It is AWSOME!

I can't even tell you how many burm's, jumps, hills, trails there are. They run everywhere. This WHOLE time, i have been hearing some bikes now and then running SOMEWHERE behind the house, through the woods, and what do ya know...... my very own PLAY PIT!!!

Jonathan

Old 07-09-2002, 10:08 PM
Range Rover

Your no fair. You have all of these great places to ride. It seems like the corp of eng. waits on my group to load up so they can put up NO ATV signs wherever we unload. They also just passed a law to stop atv's from running through any stream/creek bed, no matter if it is on public or private land. The future of ATVing is looking grim down here in Mississippi

Old 07-10-2002, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider

My god....

I am really sorry to hear that. I guess you dont really understand how bad it is when you live in a place that you can ride about anywhere. Yes, we have restrictions, but i can almost ride the rest of my life and never see the same place twice.

We really need to start sticking together and start fighting for our rights. If Nevada can legalize prostitution and now Mary J., then we should be able to protect our right to RIDE!

What is it going to take to get everyone involved in saving what we have left? And even getting back what should have never been taken?

Jonathan

Old 07-10-2002, 11:58 AM
Trailblazer

hey where is this pit? i live in marquette and ish is like 10 minutes from my house. i am always looking for a place to ride. please fill me in.

Old 07-10-2002, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

mxer911,

When can you go ride? hehe

Do you know where Stoneville Rd is? It is the road that goes to 581 from the highway, next to the Triangle Motel. Anyways, i will send you a private message with my phone # and give ya directions to my place. I mean it, when i say its in my backyard! I own ten acres and this spot is right on the back of my property.lol

Jonathan

Old 07-10-2002, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

( slowly looking at my 100 ft property line) hey, i have gravel too. well, not quite gravel, but alot of sand!!! well, not alot of sand, but enough to fill my sons box up!!! if i jog it just right, i can get 1 tire in, and let it loose, lmao!!! but, i have sewers, ya, thats the ticket!!! i have street sewers!!! ( something to hold on to ) i have a tree too. its kind of small, but it has leaves and all!!! i used to ride my property line alot, then i took off the training wheels, and got a bigger bysicle, now it dont fit, heehee.
the only thing your missing there jonathan is a bunch of playboy bunnies!!! lmao. i thought i once had somthing at the back of my property line. i could see it if i looked real hard, from the kitchen. the the dam ant crawled through the fence, so i dont anymore.
see, where more alike than you think!! roflmao!!!you have 10 acres, and 2 grizzlys. i have 1/10 of an acre, a grizzly, and a wife who loves to growl, heehee.

my pictures

Old 07-10-2002, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider

LMAO,

I have to run up to the bar tonight with the wife (she is tending bar), so i dont know what time i will get back here to finish the mods to the griz. I went to radioshack and bought a six pole toggle switch. I will be able to engage both limiters on one flip, and disengage them with another flip. Took me a while to figure out how to do it (no electrician here) but i did. Will be testing it out tomarrow to make sure i hooked it up right...afterwards, i will try to take some pics and see if i can get good instructions on how to do it!

The gravel pit is about 3 acres. I forgot that there is another one about 2 miles from here, just not much in it. Some deep water and a burm/jump setup that someone mounded together. You can hit it at all four sides....but that gets boring quick. This new pit has SEVERAL jumps, burms, hills, etc....its pretty cool. NOW, if i could just get the wife to take a jump or two! lol....she just putts around on them.

I think i have her grizzly sold...next month if everything goes right. The Avelanche i am showing tonight, and the Jeep.....its NOW for sale too! lol

I will buy a minivan....act like i am old......and accept life....sniff sniff

NOT!!!!!! i will still have MY griz in the garage for when i get home!!! hehe

Jonathan

Old 07-11-2002, 06:19 AM
Pro Rider

FROGMAN,
Why are you selling everything are you getting carried away on the mods and it's draining the wallet? What's your wife gonna ride?

Old 07-11-2002, 04:57 PM
Pro Rider

something about affording an edumacationz. i keeps tellinz himz, he donts needs no edgemucations, hez justun needin to rideum!!! lmao!!!
i tried to stop him. he kept saying, the cult needs the money, the cult needs the money, heehee. i guess i'll just let him answer, lmao!

my pictures

Old 07-11-2002, 08:06 PM
Range Rover

We should have the same places to ride that snowmobiles do, Because he in michigan it doesn't snow anymore! I only got 700 Miles on my sled this year and would love to put as many on my Banshee! I know wake up
and learn to like Golf I guess.

Quick Reply: Just found my BACKYARD