Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Could it be the junk pile for my young Blaster?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2002, 03:08 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 02 blaster has been really acting up lately. The other day I was riding it and it was making this weird humming noise in the motor and it didn't want to say idle when I would leave the quad sit in neutral. It was smoking pretty bad so I got off the quad to take a look at it. It was spraying out injected fluid from somewhere. There was oil all through my silencer as well as all over the rest of the bottom part of my bike, motor, arms etc. Sometimes it wont start, but when I put a new plug in, it starts right up. In the past 2 days I've gone through 3 plugs. Btw, that day my injected oil was spraying out, i changed my crank case oil. The oil in the crank case was an odd color, a grayish color. It looked like water might have got in there. I'm not too sure what that humming noise is. I think I have a crack in my silencer but I'm not sure and I don't think that noise is from the silencer. It sounds like the motor. I have a DG pipe/silencer. I'm going to put the stock pipe/silencer back on today.

If anybody can help me out or steer me in the right direction of getting my problem fixed, it would be greatly apprciated.

Old 07-11-2002, 03:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It really could be anything. IF you see a lot of oil residue, then maybe a blown headgasket or base gasket? Keep an eye on your tranny oil as well incase you have a bad bearing/seal that may be leaking into the cylinder. Going through a lot of plugs probably means your jetting is off or too much injection oil. Or worse your burning tranny fluid. Clean the oil up and try to locate the exact spot it is coming from. I wouldn't run it anymore 'till its fixed though.