Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

yamaha or honda

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 04:32 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am new, but I have been reading this forum for several days. I am curious about the warrior, as opposed to the 300ex. And before you go getting upset about this being the 127,545, time you have seen this, WAIT. I am not referring to just one quad vs another, I am 6'3" or 6'4" and I am wondering if the 300 ex would be big enough. I do some trail riding and some actual road driving on country roads. So, I need to have some top end power also.I hear that the warrior is alot better for someone my size, even a couple mph faster than the 300. But I also hear that they are harder to steer offroad on tight corners. But you have to take something to give something.Do the warriors climb hills pretty good? How about mud, and yes I know it depends on the rider. I am just curious if anyone has any info. Also, alot of people say get a 400 ex but I really do not want to spend that much money right now. I see a lot of warriors and 300 ex's in the paper around cols. for a couple grand. The reason I am more curious about the warrior is because I already had a 250x so I know alot about the 300ex.

I appreciate any answers, thank you in advance.
Steve

Old 07-16-2002, 04:40 PM
Pro Rider

if you want top speed, go with the warrior, but the 300EX is the overall better quad, but mabey not for you cause of your size

Old 07-16-2002, 04:48 PM
Trailblazer

I have a warrior and it is my first quad. After years of riding a bike and getting rid of it i needed something else. i got a good deal on this one so i had to get it. As far as the warrior goes (since i have never been on a 300ex)it does great on hills. i can keep up with my cuz on some serious hills and he has 4x4. As far as mud i can go through some pretty good muddin holes with out a prob. but sometimes i do need the help of my cuz's 4x4. I also do ride on the road about 1.5 miles to the place wear i ride. i find that i have plenty of speed to get there. I have been known to pass a few cars to. which is really stupid. but since you are a little bigger than me, i am 5 10 190, i would say go with the bigger. i can also say that the people who recommend getting something bigger than the warrior, have good reasoning. i have had mine for about 6 months and am already getting used to it to the point of wishing i had something bigger. well just my $.02. Have fun with what ever you get.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-16-2002, 04:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Get the Warrior, I am 6'3" and loved the Warrior. It is much more siuted for the bigger guys and has more power ,and Potential for even more power, but thats besides the point. The warrior is the best quad for someone who wants to stay with the pack and do it for little cash. Not to mention thier INDESTRUCTABLE!

Biggerisbetter.

Old 07-16-2002, 05:24 PM
Trailblazer

i don't know. the 400ex would be better for you [opposed to 300ex] because of your height.

Old 07-16-2002, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider

The Warrior has the most room, plus it also has a reverse that is easier to use. I'm 6'3", 190 lbs., and the Warrior fits just right (not as good as the Raptor though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]), the Honda's feel like kiddie quads. The Warrior is a 348cc, the 300EX 282cc. The extra displacement really helps the power, especially climbing hills. The Warrior also has the advantage of a six speed transmission. If you're hunting for a used Warrior, make sure it's at least a '93. That gets you by a lot of issues with the earlier models.

Old 07-16-2002, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

get a warrior[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-16-2002, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

Steve, the 300ex is pretty much the same size as your 250x. So if you were comfortable on it, then you'll probably be comfortable on the 300ex. There really isn't that much difference between the 300ex and the 250x you had, except for electric start and a little more power. The warrior is definately bigger than the 300ex. I've owned both and was much happier with the 300ex, even though the warrior definately was faster on top. But I'm shorter than you are. It also depends on the type of riding you do too. But don't expect a 300ex to be much different than your 250x.

Old 07-17-2002, 08:57 AM
Trailblazer

Thank you guys very much for the info, not to continue on but what do some of you think about the wolverine or the polaris 400 and 500 models.
Thanks Steve

Old 07-17-2002, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider

i would recomend the ex. the quad is virtually bullet proof yet fast and fun. it is also great for trails and handles fine. some other things are is it jumps decently and wheelies no problem.

Quick Reply: yamaha or honda