Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Soliciting Opinions of Blackwater Tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2002, 12:13 PM
MK
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, this almost appears to be a no-brainer but here's my question: I have a buddy who is selling a set of Blackwaters on chrome steel ITP's with only about 20 hours riding on them for... get this... $100 for all 4. They're not "hot", well not officially. They came with a machine that his very recent ex-girlfriend bought, who has recently retrieved the machine from his possession with the stock stuff back on (for whatever reason) and has left behind these tires/wheels and really doesn't know the difference between stock and after-market anyway. I was totally psyched when he offered them to me for $100, but now after reading the various posts about Blackwaters, my psyche has done-stopped-psyching. I'd say about 80% of people think Blackwaters are CRAP. I have no personal knowledge whether they are crap or not. I want to put them on my 02' 660 Grizz. For $100 does anyone think I'm totally stupid for even dropping $100 on them (i.e. are they really as bad as people are saying?) I suppose I could turn around and sell them and make a few bucks on them, if I hated them. And lastly, they came off a Honda, are Yamaha bolt patterns any different, or are wheel patterns between Honda's and Yamaha's interchangeable?

Old 07-17-2002, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blackwater's are not crap at all especially at that price. They are better than any stock tire. I have some on my banshee and they roost mud like there's no tomorrow.

Bolt patterns tend to be different between Honda and Yamaha though, but they are probably still worth mounting on your rims. Then sell the ITP rims on Ebay and you will have almost free tires. (=