Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior owners w/ e-series...

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2002, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Q's:
How many disc are you using? do you like?
do you have the q-core?
what jetting did you use?
air box mods?

currently running with all disc's supplied and q-core. airbox/jetting is stock and air filter was changed to pro-flo.

i will be adding the tourqe stuffer this weekend.

Problem: purchased the dial-a-jet. directions suggest to jet down before installing for stock machines. if this is the case, should'nt i use the stock jets in conjunction with the added mods for the dial-a-jet?

Old 07-19-2002, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

can you tell a diff. in the q-core (noise and speed)

Old 07-20-2002, 08:59 AM
Pro Rider

I'm running 7 discs with a Series One Quiet Core, 91 dB(A) at 3500 RPM's. K&N air filter with a Motoforce airbox lid (clear Lexan w/ two oval holes; 1" x 2 1/4" each), fuel mix screw 1 turn out. And a White Bros. Torque Stuffer [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Since our noise limit here in MI is 94 dB(A), I'll be boosting the disc count back up to about 10 or so.

As for the Dial-A-Jet setup, I would call Thinder Products directly and talk to them. They are pretty easy people to deal with and very helpful. They also have a UFO setup that you can get but you have to buy a round slide carb to use it. Check it out at Here I ordered the UFO (the cheap part) but I never got around to getting the Mikuni round slide carb (the expensive part).

Old 07-22-2002, 10:38 AM
Pro Rider

where can i P/U the motoforce airbox lid and whats the cost?

It seemed i did loose some with the q-core...even with the Q, it's better than stock. and it takes 2 minutes to remove (if you want the gain back). i then added the tourqe stuffer...i gain ed some back...but not quite to the point where i was with the e-series on it's own. and even then it's low end gains. also now that i added the stuffer it's feels like it needs to be jetted.
now it's time for the dial-a-jet.

GYT-R Clutch Perch
took time to replace my clutch perch. i had done this already when i remove all the crap (e-Brake). i slapped on something i picked up at the ole local pro shop...i think it was from allied, anyways it sucked. it had the quick adjust and thats nice but it was tough too pull. well i changed to the gyt-r for the YZ426...much better. Nice rubber boot keeps it dry and of course it looks like stock. oh,yeah it also has the quick adjust.