Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

quad bashing

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2002, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont get it? i was just in the polaris forum, and there is a topic called grizzly sucks, and polaris haters. i got to tell ya's though, i dont understand. i do understand the, hey, mines better than yours, kind of banter people sometimes do. as long as its in good fun, but sometimes, its down right stupid how some carry on!
i like to ride, period! if you have a prarie, a polaris, a ds, or a 80 cc quad, lets go!!! 2 wheel drive, 4 wheel drive, it's all good to me. if someone doesn't like my grizzly, its o.k. i do, and thats what matters to me!!! i am just happy to have a quad to ride! i really dont think anyone makes a bad quad anymore! so, if you own a polaris, or a kow, or a suzuki, or a cdale, its all good to me. lets ride. if you have problems getting stuck, i'll be there. i hope the same can be said in return. as long as we ride, its all good to me!stop all the bashing on other brands, or your own. if you dont like it, sell it. if you do, be happy and ride!!!
happy trails!!!

my pictures

Old 07-22-2002, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider

I'll second that!

Old 07-22-2002, 08:53 AM
Pro Rider

The only thing Polaris ever had going for them for the smooth riding IFS rear. The motors weren't too powerful (or reliable) and they are very heavy. But they were smooth riding. Then the Griz comes along and is much lighter, more powerful, a front diff. lock, and has an IFS rear. Instantly, the Polaris becomes disposable; no reason to have one. Consequently, re-sale value is sinking like the Titanic, and present Polaris owners are having a hard time with that.

Old 07-22-2002, 03:18 PM
Mar
Pro Rider

If i wasnt so hard on my machines then yamaha would be great. They have all the cool features and make there machines look awsome. But since 2000 they started skimping on parts. My 1996 Kodiak held up like a fort but there 2002 grissly and 2000 kodiak are falling apart on me. Im still not saying they suck. Its just that i drive them real hard, dont wash them and just dont do maintence. Now for a work bike I will buy a BOmbardier quest or traxtor. THey dont ride as nice and are very bulky but they are built like tanks and will last a long time. THey are built like the old yamahas. I only use these bikes for work. FOr sport riding i ride almost all of yamahas and Bombardiers sport modles.

THe Yamaha banshee and the DS are very reliable. The raptor has been hell. THey got no grease fittings and everything squeeks. Front end bushings are worn and i bent my axle twice.

Its all about your style of riding and how much time and care you will put into them.