Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How many ponies and still rideable?? (banshee)

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2002, 11:42 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the raptor is about as tuff as it is going to get. So i am thinking of building a wicked banshee. How big should i bore?? To those fast banshee owners what would you NOT do again? I would like to be more that 75 REAL hp. Money is not a real big deal on this project. I do not want to waste it, but i want to do it right.

Old 08-07-2002, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

I think Mark has a disease that is only cured by horsepower![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] LOL!!

Old 08-08-2002, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

I have been seriously considering a 410 Power valve from Trinity myself, but just haven't made up my mind yet. I think I have the same disease! hehe

Old 08-08-2002, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

You are my kind of guy Mark, look in my sig.

I am going to be doing about every bolt on mod and them come nov-dec I will be getting some real work done. I dont know what the horsepower threshold is.

I do know that vegas650 (Al) has a freind Dave that has a shee that is bad ***. Trinity did the work and he calls it a 500, but says it is really about 485 I think.

I think he runs race fuel, but dont really know. I dont know much about the bike except it is fast, real fast. I saw it at dumont for pres weekend and then again memorial at little sahara. He was running the steep side of sand mtn utah at a very good clip.

I cant tell any more, because I dont know any more. But I think for buildable machines the banshee takes the cake and roosts it all over the place.

Later
Bat

Old 08-08-2002, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

Well to start out I love Trinity for my Lt500. But for a Banshee K&T builds some real fast bikes. Not to take any thing away from Trinity because they have always treaded me right Harry and Jimmy are awsome guys. I just got Rid of the 500 and got me a banshee and Tony Dukas built the motor in it and it is awsome. But if I was you I would call K&T in Utah, talk to Kim Muchmore. They have a web site but I am not for sure what the addy is.

Old 08-08-2002, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider

The biggest and baddest Banshees I've seen around here are Dirtwerks Banshees (500cc alkys @ 90 to 105 rwhp). These things are just completely out of control. I do know if you want an animal like that you will have put in some serious wrench time though.

Old 08-08-2002, 12:46 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I would like to build a fast but semi-trail rideable shee??? The rappy that i have built is a killer machine, but i want that 2 stoke hit. The Mrs. does not want me to buy a crotch rocket.

Old 08-08-2002, 01:53 AM
Pro Rider

I have been thinking about doing the same thing. I originally was going to get a crotch rocket, but my wife blew a gasket, so I got a sport quad (plus I was pretty bored on my honda foreman). Anyway, even after I get a 686 put in the Rap, I don't think I will get that wild ride like I thought I was buying. So, I'm gonna get that 686 for my trail ride machine. But, I want a wild screamer that will take off like that crotch rocket I wanted. The shee is the only thing I think I can build that will be that wild. So....anyone heard if this is the last year yamaha is making the shee. I don't think I can afford one this year because I'm still pouring money into the raptor.

If I was to buy a used stock shee in decent shape, what type of money would I be looking at? $2500-$3000?

Or, am I better off buying a new one? Seems like I could pay about $3000 for something used, then take the $3000 I saved from buying a new one and have one bad machine built.

I'd rather just buy an R1, but I'd loose it in the divorce it would cause...hehe

Old 08-08-2002, 12:23 PM
Elite Pro Rider

What web site do the fast banshee's hang out in? They don't seem to be here. Thanks

Old 08-08-2002, 02:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

You'll find a lot of good info at w w w.b a n s h e e h q.c o m

Quick Reply: How many ponies and still rideable?? (banshee)