Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee Clutch lever effort seems stiff

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2002, 12:49 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't had much exposure to riding my new Banshee, but noticed that the effort required to disengage the clutch seemed like more than on my Warriors.

I imagine that the clutch is beefier in the Banshee, but just wanted to ask some of the other Banshee riders if their clutch levers were pretty stiff as well.

Thanks,
Dean

Old 08-14-2002, 12:54 PM
Range Rover

The clutch will be more stiff then your warriors clutch. There probably isnt anything wrong with the clutch it is just different than what you are used to riding

Old 08-14-2002, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider

You can try lubing it, or maybe another cable. They are a bit stiffer in the banshee. If the clutch has been changed before it may have stiffer springs in it. You could get an easy pull lever, that's what i did and it helped a lot.

Old 08-14-2002, 01:58 PM
Range Rover

That is what I figured, especially since the engine in the Banshee has the extra power, it makes sense that the clutch would be beefier.

What is the easy pull lever, and where do you get them?

Thanks,
Dean

Old 08-14-2002, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

I ordered an RTC lever setup. Really like it, but I think there are cheaper versions of it out now. You can get them through K&K ATV i believe. I ordered mine directly from the guy who makes them but i don't have his number handy.

Old 08-14-2002, 03:58 PM
Range Rover

If the bike is new, don't worry about the clutch cable, it's ok, but if the bike is used, change it just to be on the safe side, they cost next to nothing. I run what the call a "raptor" clutch lever and assembly made by MSR. You can order it thru Rocky mountain atv (www.rockymountainatv.com) for around $32.00, and they come either as a short or std lever length, your choice.) The lever set-up has 3 places for the cable to attach, each one providing a "easier" pull. The 3rd space provides a 325% reduction in pull. Everyone that gets on my bike looks puzzled and ask's why my clutch is so easy, even with stiff spring. I would highly recommend one for the banshee.

Old 08-14-2002, 04:18 PM
Range Rover

Perfect... I had just noticed these levers on Rocky Mountains site, it looks like I'll have to get one if they work that well.

Thanks,
Dean

Old 08-14-2002, 06:06 PM
Range Rover

After calling Rocky Mountain, I found that they only sell these for dirt bikes. Any idea where I can get one of these Easy Pull levers?

Thanks,
Dean

Old 08-14-2002, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider

A lot of times they say they are for dirt bikes but will work on other applications also. If they guy earlier has put one on his quad it must work. I had a dirt bike perch and lever on my banshee for a while to get rid of the parking brake garbage.

Old 08-14-2002, 09:28 PM
Range Rover

the reason they say they are for dirt bikes is that dirt bikes do not have a extra brake cable up at the clutch like atv's, using the MRS "raptor" clutch lever assembly eliminates the e-brake cable and garbage. Handlebar sizes are the same. Once you unhook the e-brake cable from up on the bars, unhook it from the rear caliper and take it out, it will look much cleaner up on the bars and the clutch will be easier. You can also pick up what they call a "block off plate", so when the cable is taken off the caliper you can unbolt (2 bolts) the e-brake mechanism at the caliper and bolt on the new plate for another cleaner look. The block off plates usually run anywhere from $9-$12.50 with new stainless allen bolts.

Quick Reply: Banshee Clutch lever effort seems stiff