Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Photo of My Quad

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok...enough of the photos of your quads.... lets see some pictures of your wives.

Old 08-29-2002, 08:30 PM
Range Rover

dash...lol. You are not worthy of viewing this forum. Only true quad fans allowed [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2002, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider

Ok... how about your wife on a quad.

Actually your right. many of us come here to get away from the wife....

Old 08-30-2002, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider

What i meant by good luck is that after a while a warriors will just fall apart.

Old 08-30-2002, 03:42 PM
Range Rover

hoover, trolling abit? I'll bite a little. My only experience with riding around a DS650. While on the trail his handguard fell off. He lost the bolt holding it on and wound up strapping the handguard to the frame to get it back and bent it all to hell when his suspension came down on it. Just a bit later his skid plate fell off. Luckily someone had wire ties to hold in place for a bit. On the way back we stopped for a break and and he couldn't get it started. We (2 Warriors) took turns pulling him back to the truck.

Now everything is relative. I agree that at some point all Warriors will fall apart, but its been my experinece it is usually after several years of hard riding. Not on a quad with less than 10 hours on it as is my experience with a DS 650! Your mileage may vary.

Old 08-30-2002, 04:49 PM
Pro Rider

Looks pretty sharp.

Old 08-31-2002, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider

WarriorManiac,

One of my friends had a warrior and within a month of riding the shock Res. fell off, the ignition F-up, the clutch F-up, the Carburetor F-up, the axle F-up, the left front tire blew off the bead causing a flip and ruining an a-arm.

Another case: 2 months of riding: Shock Res. fell off as did the other warrior, Carburetor F-up as did the other warrior, the Clutch f-up as did the other warrior, the peg and nerf bar fell off along with the shifter and linkage.

My Warrior: Carburetor F-up as did the others, the clutch F-up as did the others, The Axle F-up as did the other warrior, ignition F-up as did the other warrior, the Steering stem cracked, the rear-end housing cracked, the Rear Caliper split in half, the rear rotor warped, the front sprocket popped off the input shaft, the crank gaulded the rod, all motor mounts broke in half.

I could go on for days about how warriors suck.
Dont diss the DS, the DS is candadian, the yama is a jappanese bike. I feel confident that the DS is a better built bike. Yeah the Ds is heavy as a Peterbuilt Rig and the Yama weighs nothin. But the DS is a big bike, its plush. Not that the Yamas are the best riding bikes but they are nice. The Warriors will sit in the garage and fall apart without a touch from anyone or anything . haha

Old 08-31-2002, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

Can't we all just get along?

What's this about warriors falling apart? Clutches do burn out (rider error possibly?) Carbs getting "F-up". What exactly went wrong? You can't break a carb very easily I don't know if thats even possible. Every carb needs a little cleaning now and then. Axle F-up? Every axle will bend if you pound it hard enough.

Point being every problem you describe with the warrior could happen to any other machine. Maybe I should say that my quad is a piece of junk since I'm on my 4th engine in a year. Then again racing motocross isnt very kind on an engine.

There's a thing called basic maintance. If you take care of your bike and check over everything things don't just "F-up" out of the blue. Most people check over their ATV and don't just wait for things to break. If you wait for things to break you get mad and you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Old 08-31-2002, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

Ok the Carb F-up is in detail the Accelerator pump would stick and dump fuel by the gallon, flooding the bike to where you have to tear the carb down give a cleaning and change plugs. I found a fix, a welder tip cleaning tool and bore the accl. pump guide just a little bit and it will never stick. And drag-racing and bending an axle, shiittyy axel. Clutches burn up the same month you bought the damn thing and ride it once a week, not likely to be rider error. And i want you to know that every bike that comes into my sight to ride is checked top to bottom. Dont tell me i dont maintenence my bikes along with checking my friends bikes.Later.

Hoover99x