Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

It's finally time for me to come clean.........

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2002 | 06:26 PM
|
Pro Rider

Well it is finally time for me to come clean and own up to my secret project "fullbore" which was launched over 2 months ago. Project "fullbore" is the motor put in my bike by Harry over Trinity. The toughest part was not riding/having a bike to ride for the last 2 months [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] This weekend @ Rocky Point was the coming out party and unfortunatly there wasn't any 4-stroke competetion. I raced 2 raptors,1 grizzly 700 (yep 700 with paddles on all fours!) I spotted all of the 4 strokers 5 bikes and chased them all down,I should have known something was up when the grizz lined up next to @ the bottom of the hill,he later told me I was the only raptor he was unable to beat so take that for what you will.

I went with the basic 686 proported,webcam 696/697 cam,oversized 32mm stainless valves,carrilo connecting rod,R1 clutch,11-1 piston. I stayed with the stock carbs as the damn FCR's were still on backorder. It turned 58 rwhp +/- 6000 rpms before break in, thats all Harry would push the new engine,hopefully it will be 60ish when all is said and done. The dyno #'s are from a newer dyno harry has and I was told there could be 5 hp difference between the new dyno (superflow) and the old (dynojet).

The motor is everthing I expected and couldn't be happier.If you want beat 75% of any 4stokers that pull along you this is it. If you want to race worked up full ported banshee's you will have your work cut out. I couldnt beat any of the banshee's that went with us but like I said, 4 strokers were never any problem for me. If 60 HP isn't enough,you need the bigger 727+ bores with FCR's,etc. I find my motor perfect,runs on pump gas, easy to dune and when you get to the hill fun to race.

Michael

Old 09-02-2002 | 06:39 PM
The Facility

Whoa Michael, keeping secrets are we??..LOL

Go get 'em!!!!

Old 09-02-2002 | 06:55 PM
|
Pro Rider

Heres the dyno run :

Trinity 686 Before motor break-in with stock carbs

Tell me what you guys think.

Michael

Old 09-02-2002 | 11:23 PM
Elite Pro Rider

It is a nice feeling with that power.

Old 09-03-2002 | 12:07 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Dang Micheal. I didn't have to keep that secret for very long. LOL What were in these Banshees that you couldn't beat them? I'm under the impression that a piped, ported, jetted Banshee is no problem for the 686. So what did these Banshees have?

Old 09-03-2002 | 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

Very Cool!! So, were you able to keep it from your friends?? That is the best part. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-03-2002 | 12:17 AM
The Facility

OMG!!

14mins,
When did you get your engine back?!?!

You Raptor guys are a sneaky little bunch aren't ya?

Old 09-03-2002 | 12:48 AM
|
Pro Rider

<< Dang Micheal. I didn't have to keep that secret for very long. LOL What were in these Banshees that you couldn't beat them? I'm under the impression that a piped, ported, jetted Banshee is no problem for the 686. So what did these Banshees have? >>

Three of the four banshees had major porting,advanced timing,shaved heads,lightend flywheels,1 of the three ran alcohol.

The forth was my my own damn 16 yr old (130lbs) beating me with a bike I BOUGHT!!! He has shaved head,T'5s,Advanced timing,shaved flywheel,smaller sproket.

I raced 1 Raptor who runs MX here in AZ and was in the local shop fri when I was picking up premix and plugs,I believe he had motor mod's done I didnt ask him [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I'll find out and get back.

Dont forget It could have the crappy rider on the 686 (me) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Trust me , that bike has tons of torque and HP and will out run 75% of the stuff it races. I dont want anyone to come away from this thread thinking Im unhappy or that the Trinity 686 isnt a fast motor. I am seriously done with my bike now, now its time to ride and have fun.

You guys should have seen my friends faces, They just couldnt put their finger on it, I told him I remeoved the packing out of the muffler so it would have better flow,and that why it was louder [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Todd, if you are reading this thread Im laughing with you, not @ you !! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Michael

Old 09-03-2002 | 02:24 AM
Range Rover

MichaelAZ,

So, this is &quot;the&quot; setup you wanted to keep secret. With all the mods to you buke it sounds like a complete Raptor like what factory should have built in the first place. I'm going to use this for a base to build mine up for reference. Thanks for the information.

skratchnbuldg [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-03-2002 | 03:28 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I hope you park that piece of work in the living room at night. You have some killer $$$ in her. So come clean and tell us what you named her. I bet you talk to her too???

Quick Reply: It's finally time for me to come clean.........