Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

bear tracker or recon?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2002, 10:32 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i need some opinions on which atv is better...the bear tracker or the recon? i'm interested in buying a new atv, and i can't decide which one i want. can someone give me some opinions on them? i appreciate the help.

Old 09-02-2002, 10:49 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Recon

Chet
VP Knowsalot Facility

Old 09-02-2002, 11:08 PM
The Facility

Recon

If you don't mind straying from those two......The Ozark

Old 09-03-2002, 03:38 AM
Pro Rider

i just sold my recon. i've never delt with a bear tracker. the recon is very light in the front. everytime i rode it that always seemed to be one of those factors that came up. can't say i really cared for the power either. probably a fine quad if your just gonna ride. but any of the "work" i ever used it fell short.
these are some problems i had with it. rear shock was completely gone in about 3 years. stalled alot on inclines. had it checked still did it every now and then. very light front. most inclines had to be handled very carefully. crossing logs was a pain at times as well. rims rusted. lol.
but like i said i never delt with the bear tracker. the recon was extremely tuff. and it is a honda. it'll probably be running long after my raptor has gone on to greener pastures.

Old 09-03-2002, 11:51 AM
RIP Dear Friend

I agree with the President of the KNOWSALOT Facility

We have a test Recon at the facility that was donated in May of 1999.
Right now the Recon at the KNOWSALOT Facility has 375 hours in the official log book.
This machine has been raced, rattled,leuisurly cruises on the beach checking out the female locals, but mainly used as a roaming machine to check the security fences that are required here at the KNOWSALOT Facility.

Other than spark plug, air filter and oil changes it has required nothing.

We are in talks now to see if SUZUKI will donate an Ozark for a testing period.

Chet
VP of the KNOWSALOT Facility

Old 09-03-2002, 01:26 PM
Trailblazer

The Recon in a heartbeat. I know you'll save a few hundred if you get the beartracker, so if that more important the beartracker is not a bad machine. It is just that the Recon is much better. I my opinion, well worth the extra bucks. I know your question was between these two machines, but I'd recomend at least looking at the Ozark. I dont think you'll look any further.

Old 09-03-2002, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider

Ive been riding a recon for the last 2 years and really put it through some abuse. Ive had it stuck in water up to the seat and it refired right outa the water. Ive ran it wide open for long periods,rode in all kinds of conditions,and did i mention for a 2wd u cant get it stuck very easily. My friends made fun of it alot, it got the nickname "The Tank" because if everyone was stuck or couldnt get through it was always there to pull them out. it can ride wheelies easy, even tho its sport utility for good fun trailriding and dependability, ive got to give it to the recon, honda did a good job, it never left me set or had problems. Ive even jumped it occasionally i mean ive wore the grips off ridinig wheelies and such. Go recon for sure.

Ryan

--------------------------
88 Warrior
Red/White/Black
Pro Circuit T-4
K&N AirBox Removed- Custom tube kit
Redone Plastics
Dunlop Pro Brake pads
DG Alloy Nerfs
Fresh Rebuild On Motor
Duro Rears
--------------------------------
99 Blaster
FMF Power Core 2 Silencer
Gold Series Fatty Pipe

Old 09-03-2002, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

Beartracker is an inferior product compared to the Recon or Ozark. Shifting is really hard, handling and suspension weak, power unimpressive.
The only thing impressive about a Beartracker is what a P.O.S. it is.

Old 09-03-2002, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider

Recon recon recon,the beartracker really has no advantages that are important........besides you cant do a backflip on a beartracker![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-03-2002, 11:29 PM
Range Rover

If you only want a comparison between the BearTracker and the Recon, then I would definately say the Recon. However, if you want to get the better atv, buy an Ozark. I don't think reliability will be an issue with any three of these companies when you buy one of there quads. At any rate if trail riding is your thing, then you will definately love the Ozark. I personally don't believe there is a better all around, bang for your buck mid-size atv better suited for that type of riding. I'm thirty years old, I have been riding for quite sometime, I had the funds to get just about any atv I wanted, I chose the Ozark. I like how light it is, the power and sportiness it has for trail riding, and the low maintenance it requires. Do a side by side comparison with the three, feature wise there is none. Mine has been bullet proof so far. That's my .02 worth, hope it helps.