Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Mickey Dunlop Motors

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2002, 12:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody running or having a raptor motor built by Dunlop? What does he charge, what is the turn around time. Hp numbers?? Anyone??

Old 09-04-2002, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

Mickey builds some good $hit from what I hear.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

So hows that Trinity raptor treating you? What was the charge? What was turn around time? HP numbers? Anyone?

Old 09-04-2002, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah 14, what did you end up getting for HP after The Trinity Motor + all the other mods you did. I was thinkin about sending my 2003 engine to Trinity for the 686 kit. What do you recommend. Please let me know. An there another 686 kit on Ebay I was lookin at, which one should I go with?

Old 09-04-2002, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

<< So hows that Trinity raptor treating you? What was the charge? What was turn around time? HP numbers? Anyone? >>

Did you see my dyno #'s in my thread ??

My 686 dyno #'s

Turn around 6 weeks,cost ?? What money to man like yourself velocityraptor ?? BTW IM heading out oct 12-14 to go see big red vs misery.

Michael

Old 09-04-2002, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

I don't know much about Mickey, other then I spoke to him about a possible build in March of 2001 and he was very short with me so I decided against him. That doesn't make him good or bad, but I needed time to discuss a few things and he wasn't willing to give me the time I needed, so?

I can say that I am more then happy with my Trinity Rap. It does exactly what I want it to do and I am confident it is reliable and they will stand behind the work performed. I didn't have a drag Rap built, but I did smoke every &quot;4-stroke&quot; I raced at SL this past weekend, if that means anything? Spinning the he!! out of 22&quot; 10-paddle extremes in wet sand using stock gearing in a 2nd gear WOT dump the clutch start ain't too bad either. Oh.. did I mention that I was only using a +2 swingarms too? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

What I would like to hear about is someone that is running a &quot;Bikeworx&quot; built Rap. Anyone?

Old 09-04-2002, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

<<

<< So hows that Trinity raptor treating you? What was the charge? What was turn around time? HP numbers? Anyone? >>

Did you see my dyno #'s in my thread ??

My 686 dyno #'s

Turn around 6 weeks,cost ?? What money to man like yourself velocityraptor ?? BTW IM heading out oct 12-14 to go see big red vs misery.

Michael
>>

Yes I saw your dyno #'s &lt; Impressive!

&quot;What is money to a man like yourself velocityraptor&quot;? Man I'm broke- I had money until I started building raptors.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

big red vs misery?

Jay

Old 09-04-2002, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

<< [i]I don't know much about Mickey, other then I spoke to him about a possible build in March of 2001 and he was very short with me so I decided against him. That doesn't make him good or bad, but I needed time to discuss a few things and he wasn't willing to give me the time I needed, so?

I can say that I am more then happy with my Trinity Rap. It does exactly what I want it to do and I am confident it is reliable and they will stand behind the work performed. I didn't have a drag Rap built, but I did smoke every &quot;4-stroke&quot; I raced at SL this past weekend, if that means anything? Spinning the he!! out of 22&quot; 10-paddle extremes in wet sand using stock gearing in a 2nd gear WOT dump the clutch start ain't too bad either. Oh.. did I mention that I was only using a +2 swingarms too? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

I'm testament to swytak's machine and that is one bad *****!!

Old 09-04-2002, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

hey, 14mins i think im going to get that kit and have it in time for 4 stroke wars!!! i hope...
for everything its 2,225$ and w/out the titanium rod 1,850.when i get the time i'm going to call and ask them more about it. ( 814-842-6159) man that rap looks good!!!

Old 09-04-2002, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider

what is the web site

Old 09-04-2002, 12:57 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Harry and the crew at TRINITY will build you what ever you can afford. You want to go fast HARRY can do it. You want semi-fast HARRY can do it. They offer customer service, alot of other companies do not. They get the job done. My trinity 686 has a nice new home. I see it quite often. It is a runner.

That said, i now have a badass CRAYCRAFT MOTOR WORKS motor, that will rip your arms out of the sockets. I got a killer price on it. This motor would be in the 3000 plus range from trinity,sparks,ct,lrd. My bilfold was getting empty. I got my parts at cost on this motor. There is a huge mark up on parts.

Raptorrrc (craycraft) lives 5 miles from me and is a good friend of mine. He has helped my tune on the raptor since day 1. (actualy i watch) After messing with raptor for the last 2 years he and his brother (Craycraft cyclinder heads) decided to put raptor kits together paying strict attention to detail. My new motor has already passed some quailty aftermarket 686's by. I get to benifit from some things that raptorrrc is working on. There are 4 raptors between the 2 of us and we have tried out many,many combo's.

That said- If you spend enough money you can have what you want from who ever. Trinity is a great company to do business with, and Harry stands behind his products and you can get him on the phone if you need him.

That said- my new head has many,many hours of work into it that at a hourly rate i would never be able to afford. That is the good deal that i got. Mine was not the 1st,2nd or 3rd that they had done.

Quick Reply: Mickey Dunlop Motors