Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Mickey Dunlop Motors

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 06:21 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Swy- The hot cam stage 2 is the ticket. That is qhat i am running. That cam will be absent of my quad that weekend.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I have a different cam for "race" days. Most of my followers have there own fast wicked machines. We have yet to beat Randy or Dsmike nor has anyone else on these forums. I am less concered with raptors. Those 2 ds's are the ones and probably AZSAND's machine.

I plan on running 2 classes. Me and RRC with have 4 quads of our own with us, from mild to wild.

I can't believe that you will not run your 720?? What gives?? drop in a different cam and lets line them up.

This is is not agaist us raptors but us against Randy,DSmike and AZSAND so far. They are ahead right now in the speed department. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I have yet to see any video or actual time slips of jays machine against any fast DS's yet. Maybe i missed something?? We were suppose to get together last month at Atoka but jay could not make it at the last minute. I had ALL the fast players there for a night of racing. What about this friday jay?? Up for a test and tune at Atoka?? I am sure DSmike and plenty more will be there. Lets run and then drank some beer and tell the "I wish", "I should have done" What about it? Leave the pit crews at home this week end???

Old 09-09-2002, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, the 720 will be there for FSW's and it will be supporting a different cam, you can count on that!!! I just don't think mine will be competitive against "some" of these other machines that are "built for drag racing". If the new cam works as well as I think it will, I might be more competitive then I think, we'll see. As my Rap stands now, I can drag for hours and hit the tight trails afterwards too. Not too many of the higher strung guys can do that without fits. Mine is as reliable as they come, but again it was not built specifically for drags, like the ones that will be at FSW's.

Most of my energy is now being spent helping my buddy, Velocityraptor. I have devulged to him, all my contacts and all the info I could possibly provide to a Raptor owner wanting to go fast. I know he will be fast!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Swy-chotic (I like that)