Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior oil capacity

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 03:08 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone tell me how much oil a 2000 warrior will hold, also can you tell me when the best time is to check it, hot or cold. I keep adding oil because it is hard to see on the dipstick. I know it is not that low on oil. So I want to be sure how much to put back in.
Thanks

Old 09-09-2002, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider

you have the same problem i had when i got my 99 warrior. I almost made myself go crazy trying to get a consistent reading and b confident that it was at the proper level. I buy 3 quarts every time i change my oil...i use 20-50 in the summer, just let it warm up for a while before u haul ***.

there are many variables that affect your reading. One common misconception that i and a lot of other people have is that when u check the oil level, u check it with the dipstick screwed in. THis is WRONG is the warrior's case. When getting an oil reading, clean the stick off and just dip it in as far as it goes so that it is flat laying on top of the threads. i repeat...DO NOT SCREW THE DIPSTICK IN.

as far as whether or not to check it cold, i check it first thing in the morning while its in my shed. Some people warm it up. I did a lot of research when this question first came up and i came up with so many different answers i gave up. But i check when its cold and first thing in the morning and my warrior runs like new so i guess its working.

THe right amount of oil also depends if u take the oil filter out.

hope this helps a little-mike

Old 09-09-2002, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Yamaha shop manual shows the oil capacity as2.6 qts with filter change and 2.5 qts without filter change. The correct procedure to just check oil level is to warm up the engine for a few minutes, then let it sit for a few minutes to allow the oil to settle into the crank case before checking the dip stick. The dip stick should not be screwed in, but just resting on top of the threads. The recommended oil is API Service "SE",or "SF"

Old 09-09-2002, 07:57 PM
Trailblazer

in the manual it says to let it idle for a few minutes and then check it.