Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Joker and liar!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2002, 01:01 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forgetting your password is not such a big deal,anyway.Lonestarbanshee was around for a long time/relatively/ I don't believe he forgot his password...unless he is a retarded person.
Hahaha,now I am having little fun................

Its people like you that make me wonder why I'm still here..

Just to give you the satisfaction of the matter, and to tire your feeble brain even moreso, I will tell you why/how I lost my password.

I am a member of many different forum boards, under many different names. I have 3 messenger services, all under different names. When you start getting more names, passwords start getting confused. Since I didn't feel like going through the hassel of remembering all different passwords, I chose to use one password on all websites/services. It seems as if someone figured that password out, and started logging into stuff that I had setup(ie: Geocities, ATVConnection, EXRiders, etc), and changing some stuff(ie: Passwords) Once I realized what was going on, I spoke with Mike Lyons(Mike330R) about the matter, and he emailed me a new password, to the registered email of lonestarbanshee. The registered email just so happened to be a Hotmail account, and my computer has decided not to load anything that has anything to do with the Passport program used by MSN. I'm guessing its because of the version control of Internet Explorer I'm running, or maybe it has something to do with the website cookies. Hey, I dunno, I'm not a computer tech. Anyways, like I previously posted, when ATVConnection resets your password, they don't give you a word, or something simple. I think the password they gave me this time was what they used to use in the Fort Knox vault! What do you get when you add a screwed up home PC, and a screwy password? Forgotten.

So yeah, I guess you could say I'm retarted.. Get a life.

Old 09-25-2002, 01:11 AM
RIP Dear Friend

MX26, lonestarbanshee.

I had problems with the hotmail--passport system MSN is using. I had both sign in types and the computers we run were confused for a period of time.

MSN updated their systems approx. 6 to 7 weeks ago to combine both.

Chet
VP KNOWSALOT FACILITY

Old 09-25-2002, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

So how did you get it all worked out Chet? I sneaked into my inbox at class the other day and fowarded the forum password to my new email address, but I'd still like to be able to check my email. All 3 of my friends send me email there.. Every once in a while. Of couse, I'm usually out riding my All Terrain Vehicle and jumping terraces in pastures.

Old 09-25-2002, 02:22 AM
RIP Dear Friend

lonestarbanshee,

You can still use each account, hotmail or passport. You just have to sign in and then out again for each account. The computer will not recall your sign in name and will require you to sign in manually as johndoe@passport.com or johndoe@hotmail.com. Also, you cannot be signed in to both on the same computer at the same time. It had me incapacitated because I lost my passport information and thank God we had it saved on the good old floppy disk from the beginning of the year. I just reinstalled and it was off KNOWSALOTING again.

Chet
VP KNOWSALOT FACILITY

Old 09-25-2002, 02:53 AM
Pro Rider

ryenol.. It ain't cool to bash someone in a public forum... pretty harsh words

mx26... don't blame ryenol for the purchase price (your the fool that set the price) and as far as I am concerned you should honor your word...

Old 09-25-2002, 12:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Chet - I am able to access my acct from any other computer, except my home PC. When I try to get in from home, my PC freezes on a screen, and won't go any farther. I hit refresh, same thing. It comes up with nothing but a blank white screen. I'll figure it out. Thanks a million.

mx26... don't blame ryenol for the purchase price (your the fool that set the price) and as far as I am concerned you should honor your word...

The matter is being resolved. Thank you for your input.

Old 09-25-2002, 02:58 PM
RIP Dear Friend

MX26,

Well with not actually being there its hard to tell for sure but if you have some time you could try this:

You will have to go in the windows cookie file and manually delete the files associated with the hotmail, passport accounts or anything that deals with MSN. I even had to delete the downloaded program files from MSN.

You could just delete every thing in that file but then you loose all the really tasty cookies that you still want to eat regularly.

Chet
VP KNOWSALOT FACILITY

Old 09-25-2002, 03:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

https://loginnet.passport.com/ppsecu...th.srf?lc=1033

That's the link I keep getting stopped at. For some reason, our computer quit automatically reloading pages. Like when I log onto the forums, I have to click "here". Heh. So do you recommend me deleting MSN Messenger? This all started when I whiped out all my cookies one day.

Old 09-25-2002, 03:59 PM
Pro Rider

<< This all started when I whiped out all my cookies one day. >>

The same thing happend to me i had to change my email to my yahoo address then back to my ISP email so i could log back in w/ my name.

Old 09-25-2002, 04:40 PM
Trailblazer

MX26,

Depending on what browser you are using (internet explorer or netscape etc.) it probably needs to be updated. You can go to the microsoft web site and download the IE 6 with service pack 1. This will straighten out any cookie issues you might have. This site you are trying to login to is a secure site (https://) and also could be a security issue. If it is any of these things I would just install the most recent version (internet explorer 6.0) and this will most likely straighten these issues out for you.

-Andy

Quick Reply: Joker and liar!