Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Joker and liar!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2002, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently bought a quad from a person on here that goes by lonstarbanshee. I wanted to warn everyone that he is a liar, and DO NOT deal with him. Part of the agreement when the deal was made was that he would send a chain guide and the other set of shocks(that he was supposed to bring with the quad when we made the deal), well he failed to send them in the week he promised. After two different phone calls, and then no response from Private messages for a week, he sends me a message and says "I talke to the guy that had the shocks, and he says he doesn't have them anymore, I told him to look for them, I will let you know". Just my opinion, butt if you give someone your word that you will do something, you should stick to it, and he DID NOT! Just a warning, to all that may deal with this joker, I urge you to shy away, it may be a screwing waiting to happen.

Old 09-22-2002, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider

Hey everyone, I think he now goes by MX26

Old 09-22-2002, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider

Yep he does, according to the website he have.....

Old 09-22-2002, 10:11 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Bummer- i was going to buy that quad if you did not.

Old 09-22-2002, 11:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ryan, WTF?

If you're going to tell these people the story, tell them the whole story. We met in Paris, TX. Ryenol bought my Banshee for $1,250. Yeah, that's right. 1997 Yamaha Banshee, virgin cylinders, no porting, stock rings and everything for $1,250.00. It was agreed that I would get him the shocks within due time. I also told ryenol that Tracy(the guy that has my stock shocks) has recently had a loss in his family(father) and that I wasn't sure when I would be able to get ahold of him. I went by his house Sunday and he happened to be home(just about the 5th or 6th time I've been by there). He told me that he had the shocks in his shop until about 3 months ago, and then he thinks he threw them away. He told me that he would have his worker look for them, and to get in contact at the beginning of this week. I had planned on calling him tomorrow, and then giving you a phone call. Yes, I agree I haven't held up my end of the deal, and have not been in good communication with you, but stuff comes up.

As long as we're bringing this out into the open, mind telling them what was wrong with the Banshee? Also mind telling them why I sold it to you for so cheap? Is there something I can do to get those shocks back? If the guy doesnt have them, he doesnt have them.

Oh, one more thing. When I changed my email address(because I could not get into the inbox) I had to make a new forum name. I made a new forum name because I forgot my old forum password, and had to change it. When this website changes your password for you, it usually comes up as something in the range of "k93m8272" or something of the sort. That is why I haven't been able to get your PM's. If I intended to screw you on this deal, I wouldn't be wasting my time replying to this, nor would I have PM'd you earlier today. This will be taken care of.

Old 09-22-2002, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

****-ryneol (retentive)

You bought the quad for $1250...which is DIRT CHEAP in case you didn't know. Stock shocks are worth at the most 50 bux... big flippin deal. You make this sound like you're out thousands of dollars and hours and hours of your time, instead of 50 bux on a quad you already practically stole. Go get yourself a hobby or something, sheesh.

Old 09-23-2002, 12:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Geez, $1250 and your whinin, what a baby...

RoostKing...

Old 09-23-2002, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

Damn 1,250 for a banshee, I wish I would have known about that.

I've been wanting one.

Oh yea remember **** happens.

Old 09-23-2002, 12:39 AM
Weekend Warrior

Just a little FYI

Blue Book Motorcycle Retail Report
September 22, 2002

1997 Yamaha YFZ350 Banshee
2-Cylinder
2-Stroke
350cc

Suggested Retail Value $3610

Suggested Retail represents the price a dealership might ask for this make and model. The retail price is not a trade-in or private-party value, but rather assumes that a dealer has absorbed the cost of making the unit ready for sale, advertising, sales commissions, arranging financing and insurance and standing behind the unit for any mechanical or safety problems. Suggested retail represents a fully reconditioned unit in excellent condition, with all original standard equipment. Mileage/condition and additional equipment may have a substantial impact on the value shown above. Actual dealer selling price may vary from this price.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright © 2002 by Kelley Blue Book Co., All Rights Reserved. Sep-Dec 2002 Edition. The information in this report is intended for the personal use of the customer only and may not be sold or transmitted to another party. We assume no responsibility for errors or omissions.

Old 09-23-2002, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider

I agree with yall saying that is cheap for a banshee cause it is. But the fact of the matter is the guy said he was going to do some thing and it looks like he is trying. So ryenol need to chill out and bash this guy on in the forums or on the chat room for that matter. Man we are all in this thing together. Work it out.

Quick Reply: Joker and liar!