Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

warrior faster

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 10:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone tell me any ways to get my '02 Warrior to go faster?? All I have on it right now is an air filter. I want to put an oil cooler on it and also a pipe with header. What kind of power increase would I be looking at?? I am also wondering if I can pull a wheelie like on a crotch rocket. On my GSX-R750 I just pull in the clutch in gear and rev it and let it out hard but sure, and it pops right up. Is there any way to do this on my warrior?? Also does anyone else have any '02 warrior. On my jet it doesnt have the flat slot to take it out, but my replacement does. How do I get out the stock jet??

Old 09-30-2002, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

With the enough $, the sky is the limit. The problem with clutch wheelies is that on dirt, the tires just spin. Its very hard to do wheelies on dirt when be compared to ashpalt. Im suprised that on a gixxer 750 that you'd even need to pull in the clutch and pop it to do wheelies. Unless its an older bike, then I can understand. My brothers CBR600F4 does power wheelies in second gear at 110. But, back to the warrior. I dont really think you are going to be able to make the Warrior alot faster with out many mods. Like an exhaust for starters, then maybe carbs, then a big bore kit, ect... There is alot u can do with a Warrior, you just need the loot for it. Maybe head over to trinity racing or the team alba website for some performance help with that Warrior. I believe the Alba website is www.teamalba.com but Im not sure. They will have what u need!

NICK

Old 09-30-2002, 10:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

in second gear 110 mph???????? dont u meen like 10 mph thats like really fast for second gear much less in a wheelie HAHAHAHAHAHA

Old 09-30-2002, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like billy bob has never ridden a sportbike. Apparently you dont know CRAP. You need to learn something about streetbikes before u go correcting someone on a subject u clearly dont know anything about. Wheelies can easily be ridden at 120 with the right amount of skill. There is countless groups of sportbike gangs that would blow your mind with the stuff they do. For example The Los Vegas Extremes and The Star Boyz are some of the best out there. Head over to www.bikemovies.com and click on wheelies. Im there there is some stuff there that will prove me correct. And while you are at it, also head over to starboyz.com and watch some of their vids...

Next..

NICK

Old 10-01-2002, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

Want a wheelie huh? 1st gear easy, second gear has to be in right rev range, and 3rd gear requires some tugging on the bars. My tires are blown up to about 23" or more and stock gearing. I have a straight pipe (completely gutted stock muffler) and not much of an air box. Problem is i cant get it jetted right [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] 148 fouls these high heat range plugs, 145 runs lean, they dont sell a 147 and the 146 they sold me made my mid range not work at all (mid range miss).

My suggestion would be an aftermarket cam and piston kit. That should make it possible to wheelie all you want. Alba claims their cam and piston kit will add close to double power with a pipe and filter. IMO 99% of pipes are way over priced pieces of sheet. Four stroke exhaust dosent require research and expensive materals. My god, for some of the prices I could pick up a used Cat back system for a car. K&N filter? psshhttt. dont tell me that cloth cost them 50 bucks so they can KMA. On a side note, I figured my gutted pipe was reducing flow with too much free space, but the other day when i let my friend ride it, he cut a donut 20 ft infront of me and when he took off I felt the puff of air from the exhaust. Way way to loud for most places though. Have to rig up a slip in silencer with a set screw, IE a 1' metal pipe with a fitting on the end pointing downward quites it down a ton.
ARRANGED BY HOW MUCH POWER IT WILL ADD

LOT O POWER Big: Bore kit (high priced)- Cam Shaft (Cheap)

GOOD BIT O POWER: Port Job (fair price) - High Compression Piston (cheap) - Alcy Carb (Kinda expensive)

SOME POWER: Pipe (high priced but required after other mods) - Air filter

NOT WORTH IT: K&N Power Jet Kit (do it the normal way) - After market header (Warrior comes with a good header)

Anyone ever thought of making their own pipe from a glass pack? paint that sucker with some engine block paint and weld it onto a stock header? I probably will try this soon because i hate riding with the baffle on and my parents hate the sounds. I keep this up they may make me pay rent lol or for my gas. Heck maybe I should make my own company lmao, I think my dad would get tired of welding though.

Old 10-08-2002, 10:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default warrior faster

oh ya well in ur lil 600 f4i can do 110 in 2 gear then my pw 50 can do 5000000 ... i doubt u can do 110 in second gear, u can prolly do 110 in a wheelie but i just dont think its possible cuz if thats the case u must be tellin me by the time u hit 6th gear ur doin like 400mph but hey u can prolly do 400 mph in a wheelie to right cuz ur the best ur my role model [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 10-08-2002, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default warrior faster

shut up billybob, from your whole big 2 posts you have proved to be useless and annoying. All i can say is sit back, chill and don't post untill you are confident to know something and act like a grown up even if you are not one yet.

Old 10-08-2002, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default warrior faster

i put exhaust and jet kit in mine then my next mod was a new raptor cause the warrior didn't have any hop of being fast enough, its nice but not a drag bike,

after puting piston, porting,cam, exhaust and nitrous the raptor is still too slow to me.

it depends on what you like.

i would at least put a big bore kit in it.

Old 10-08-2002, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default warrior faster

and yes a bike can do 110 in second gear, hell mine red lines at 14,000 rpm. now its not good but it can be done.