Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Is this Banshee worth it or the Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2002, 05:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys, I'am looking to upgrade my tweaked out 01 warrior with either a banshee or raptor, theres a banshee for sale at a dealer for 4295.00 its a 99' model with Ceet graphics and renthal bars, the fenders are just starting to see fading and the fenders have some good scraches on them. does this seem kinda high priced?? there is an 01 Raptor next to it, no scratches still looks new for 5495.00 what is the better deal. my Warrior is an 01 lonestar steering stem,renthal bars,durablue axle,DG krome exhaust,chrome swingarm,N-stlye graphics,maier handquards,PRM skids all the way around,AC bumper, renthal chain, what do you think its worth?? a stock warrior is 4400. the axle and steering stem alone were $800.00 give me your input. thanks

Old 10-03-2002, 05:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well, neither one sounds like a real good deal to me. here in Okla. you can get either model 01's for around 4000.00, and if you going to buy a Banshee, it doesn't really matter what year model as long as its in good shape and not been abused to bad.

Coming from a warrior, you will probably love the Raptor(reverse), But the banshee will "FEEL" tons faster. MY opinion,,,, don't buy a used quad from a dealer unless you know him or he has an over welming reputation. Like I said neither of the quads you mentioned sounded worth it, I would expect to pay 5400, for a 02 Raptor with some goodies on it. as a matter of fact STAY THE HE!! AWAY FROM THE 01'RAPTORS!

Biggerisbetter.

Old 10-03-2002, 11:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

I bought my Warrior from this same dealer about 7 months ago, plus my dad grew up with the owner. The prices are high I think, but If I walk in there with CASH you know what usually happens. Dealers hate finacing there stuff, if you hand them $4000.00 cash for a 5500 quad they'll sell it to you. thats what I hope to do.
ALSO, what do you think my Warrior is worth, its a 2001 Black and white with N-stlye graphics,gripper seat cover,Renthal raptor bars,maier handguards, Lonestar antivibration steering stem and clamp,chrome swingarm and carrier,new Durablue eliminator 2+2 axle with all bearings in rear end done over,PRM skids all the way around,AC racing MX style bumper, DG krome exhaust system, rejetted. KBB says stock warrior is $4045.00

Old 10-04-2002, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

Mudman, both of those machines are at least $1000 too high. Dealers actually LIKE financing (a dealer like Knowsalot could confirm or not), I believe they get some cashe out of the finance deal. Either way, cash will do you no good.

The dealer probably paid about $3000 max for those quads.

See what he offers YOU on your trade-in and you'll see what I mean. If money is an issue you would do best to sell the Warrior privately and buy another quad privately. The dealer's prices are VERY high.

Are you sure a Banshee is what you would want in Mass??? Pretty rocky riding from what I remember of the times I rode there. I was on my Warrior there and I hated the terrain.

Old 10-04-2002, 11:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Mudman02,

It looks like you have gotten your Warrior setup pretty much how you like it for your style and terrain you ride. So if your wanting MORE power, just call FST and get a BIG BORE for the warrior and you will be able to hange right with a Banshee and a Raptor, and not have to worry about loosing all the money you have into you Warrior. OR, you can sell all of your accesories that you have on that thing and try to get most of your money out of them, Then put your Warrior back close to original and sell it for around 3500.

GOOD LUCK!

Biggerisbetter

Old 10-04-2002, 12:02 PM
Pro Rider

Mudman02...if your username name says anything about the type of riding you do...stay away from the banshee's. moving into a raptor from a warrior would feel more natural. weights are close. your not losing reverse for the tight trails i know your riding. in fact it's everything you want your warrior to be. better handling and all the ponies.

Old 10-04-2002, 12:42 PM
RIP Dear Friend

If its an 01 do not use reverse. I repeat do not use reverse.

If you must, only use in an emergency.

Dealer here as an 01 for 5,499.00 that I wouldn't touch.

Chet
VP Knowsalot facility

Old 10-04-2002, 02:11 PM
Pro Rider

man my room mate just bought a 99 banshee its very clean a women bought it and it was never rode maybe once he paid 3800 at a dealer but if you would like a raptor i will sell you mine its a 686 on alky and nos

Old 10-04-2002, 04:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Actually my riding is mostly open fields, I want a banshee because I ride my friends 01 CR 125 all the time and I like the 2 stroke power. One question, I do about 70% MX riding and 30% trails and woods, does a warrior fit this description?? I plan on selling my warrior privately to get more cash, and buy a banshee privatley, I called the dealer today, with tax they want 4500.00 for a 99 banshee with beat up plastics!

Old 10-04-2002, 04:25 PM
Trailblazer

Pick up a Bike Trader magazine, there's 02 Banshees for $4800.

Quick Reply: Is this Banshee worth it or the Raptor