Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

LOCKER FOR WOLVERINE?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 08:35 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey 95wolv. I was just offering some advice from someone who has been there. I had dumped much cash into my wolverine to make it better, faster. I was thinking of adding an unlocker, works shocks etc.... but then I realized I might still not be happy with it. Especially after I rode a Raptor. I am not knocking the Wolverine. I think its a great machine for what it is. I found that I really don't need four wheel drive. It is amazing what a sport machine will go through if you know how to ride it. Of course this is just my opinion and like aholes everybody has one.

Old 10-07-2002, 07:37 PM
Trailblazer

CTATV: I have asked this forum before concerning someone that has purchased, installed and ridden one of Highlifters Unlockers, so far, no response. My biggest question is how much difference is noticied in the steering (how much easier). I have heard that you will notice a 10% power increase due to only powering the rear wheels, this may be true but no one has commented. Either Highlifter hasn't sold any or the ones they have may have been a disappointment or the people that bought them have yet to purchase a computer. I'm still waiting to hear from someone in detail before sending Highlifter $280.

Old 10-08-2002, 12:06 AM
Ty2
Trailblazer

Hey Bart - I was waiting a year and a half for Highlifter to come out with the unlocker for the Wolverine - I then found out WARN makes a similar product called 424 select currently only for Honda models, but I contacted them and was told the Wolverine is on there list but could not give me a timeline for completion. So I said to myself who ever comes out with one for the Wolverine next,will be the one I will buy. Highlifter was first so I bought it.When I got it I examined it first. I did not like the looks of the unit(the internal parts seem to be protected with rubber boots that were put on haphazardly and the cable setup was a joke actually using a block of plastic to engage it.Also you can't go more than 3mph while engaging it(I read on other forums that it is very hard to engage and the cable and block setup keeps coming out of adjustment).I was disappointed and sent it back without even installing it. From pics of the Warn unit it is a much better unit with a very simple cable setup.I also read on the Honda forum that it can be smoothly engaged at any speed and these guys love it.The Warn unit will also be about $70 cheaper than Highlifter's. So as much as I wanted to be able to switch from 4WD to 2WD I will wait for the Warn 424 Select.

Old 10-08-2002, 11:02 AM
Trailblazer

Ty: Please let me know when Warn comes out with the unlocker for the Wolverine. I have seen the Warn 424 and it looks really nice. If I hear anything on this end I'll let you know.