Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Who runs a twist Throttle??

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who runs a twist Throttle??

I know alot of you dislike the twist throttles, but I grew up on Dirtbikes and love the twist [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] . I am planning on putting one on my Warrior soon. For my riding I dont think it will be bad. I ride open dirt/gravel roads, some sand, and a few wooded trails. How many people on here use a twist throttle? and does anyone have one laying around for a warrior they want to get rid of??

Old 10-16-2002, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider

I use a twist. I grew up on bikes too. I have a 1/4 throttle because I have broken my wrist, hand, and thumb and have limited mobility. Thumb throttle hurts too much.

Old 10-16-2002, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider

I to use a twist throttle. People say that they are to hard to control on a quad, but I disagree. With the stock thumb throttle, my thumb would begin to crap after a short time of riding. I found that I would have to constantly move my hand and thumb in different positions to ease the pain. This would make for such awkward positions, that I would wind up losing throttle control or goosing it unexpectedly. With the twist throttle I am always in a comfortable riding position, and I never experience any pain. I always have more control. It all boil's down to personal preference and riding ability. Chances are if you don't like your current thumb throttle, then you will like a twist.

Old 10-16-2002, 01:11 PM
FMF
Pro Rider

I use a Twist Throttle on my Banshee and I would never go back to thumb Throttle. But it did take me about a week to get use to it.

Old 10-16-2002, 01:19 PM
RIP Dear Friend

I guess its to each his own.

I don't think for someone new to a quad, twist is a good idea.

But for me its thumbs away on the quads and hold on and twist like heck on the dirtbikes.

Chet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 10-16-2002, 02:04 PM
Range Rover

I just recently went to a twist on my quad. To me it has its advantages and disadvantages. Yeah my thumb used to get weak with the thumb throttle but I eventually strenghtened it to where it didn't. I actually like the throttle control better with a thumb especially in very difficult rough terrain where the bumps and such tend to make me gas it sometimes with the twist when I don't want to. I also prefer the thumb when doing high speed whoops. Its just easier to hang on and control the throttle. There are some advantages to the twist taking very hard right turns which usually meant having to reach over the bar and grab the thumb throttle from the other side.

Old 10-16-2002, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

I was thinking it....but King said it. lol.

Chet. I ride my quad like a dirtbike anyway! throttle is on or off!!

Old 10-16-2002, 02:56 PM
RIP Dear Friend

BlueLeader,

Right now I am still faster on a dirtbike than a quad.

I can just go faster through the trees and not worry about hitting them.

With the quads I am studying the trees more.

This will change with age because its getting harder to throw my leg over the tall bikes made today.

It sure is nice though when ever you stop on the quad you don't have to balance or find a tree to lean up too.

Chet

Old 10-16-2002, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider

I got twist throttle all 3 quad thats I have and also used to ride dirtbike before got on the quad. I can't stand using thumb throttle due that it will start to bother me on my thumb.

Just like Blueleader mention throttle on and throttle off.

Old 10-16-2002, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

I am faster on a quad because I crash more often on a bike and lose alot of time putting my arms and legs back into their places.

Quick Reply: Who runs a twist Throttle??