Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

-Atv Turbo-

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2002, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default -Atv Turbo-

Ok,

Me and my friend have been talkin about some of these mini turbos u can buy for some atv's. I am just wondering does anybody sell a mini turbo or forced air induction system that is very small for like jet ski,snow mobile ect. I know or areo charger but they dont just sell a universal system. I wanna find somthing like that to put on one of my bikes to try. I want a universal because i wanna make the hookups myself. if anybody has any good ideas lemme know.

Thanks

Ryan

Old 10-17-2002, 10:57 PM
Range Rover
Default -Atv Turbo-

I maybe wrong here, but if you are doing that to your warrior, You may have some serious problems with your valve springs not closing you valves fast enough, also your crank may not be able to handle that kind of HP gain.
You might want to check in to this more

Old 10-17-2002, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default -Atv Turbo-

Dont think turbo would affect the valves. Since you would probably move into the neighborhood of 70hp though your gears and crank might not hold up. I think whats hes talking about is one of the low boost ones like the electric ones. You would only gain like 5-20 hp with that. The electric ones are cheap but i dont know if the battery in a warrior is enough for it. I thought about getting that but i dont know where the heck it would mount. Have to remove the air box and bolt the filter right onto the end of the charger i guess.

Old 10-17-2002, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default -Atv Turbo-

I have that Mr Turbo system on my raptor. Turned up the boost to 15 psi and blew the billet fortin gears out. You will have to upgrade your valve springs if you are going to force-feed the yamaha engine. Turbo makes good top end hp, but the bottom end is gone.

Now how about posting a link to the mini turbo you are talking about.

Old 10-18-2002, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider
Default -Atv Turbo-

Dosent add that much on a car but ramming all that into one cylinder whould probably do alot more. In a car they said it makes it flow like there is no air filter. Electric super charger

Old 10-18-2002, 10:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default -Atv Turbo-

Ive heard of small mini chargers, i wouldnt mind an electric i think i could make it work. i would prefer not tho, i dont have an airbox already i have it piped to a filter, if i can make it work ill but the ti spring and H.O. cam kit from alba. Need sum links and really want some ideas.

Thanks Ryan

Old 10-18-2002, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider
Default -Atv Turbo-

velociraptor - i never got it to work perfect, but i did get it to run at full throttle. i was not impressed with the power at factory set 7- 8 psi but after figuring how to increase the boost, it got interesting, untill the transmission blew. it blew on my 3rd pass at 15psi when i was at the red river with maniac650 and raptorboy673 and a few others.
after i blew out the transmission i put my turbo on ryanol's raptor and we took it to the sand drags. his is an '01 also. we made a few passes down the 100 yards. it was not very impressive due to not being able to get a good hard launch, but that was due to gearing and i feel the stock valve springs also.

i got this bike ( with a 12 tooth sprocket ) to go 56 mph in SECOND GEAR!! is that crazy or what!

i believe once mr turbo gets the kit dialed in, it will be amazing. i have seen scoobys turbo ds in action and it is truly amazing the amount of power it makes. he pulls the front end in high gear like it was in second.