Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Because of these forums we wear Helmets..

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Because of these forums we wear Helmets..

When me and my boys started riding together this summer we didnt were helmets. I only wore one will on my dirtbike. But after hearing how many people and kids have been saved by them , I went out and bought my two sons new Helmets. I guess you never know when something will happen, you may think its just a quick ride down the road. But that car may not see you , or you may not see that deep whole or big dog about to jump in front of you.

Just wanted to say Thank You for all the great info these forums offer, and I feel much safer riding now with my kids.

Old 10-18-2002, 01:41 AM
Pro Rider

Good for you, plus you made a smart move on it.

Old 10-18-2002, 03:25 AM
Pro Rider

I'll agree with desracers on this one. You made a very wise choice. Brain buckets have saved countless lives over the years.

JaMeS

Old 10-18-2002, 04:09 AM
Pro Rider

Just make sure its STRAPPED!!!!!!! I always wear a helmet but the night I wrecked (really bad) I didn't have it strapped and I had my mouth wired shut for a month and a half and I have a nice chunck of plastic where my cheek bone was! My thing now is yelling at people for not wearing their helmet or not strapping them!! Sorry about the spelling it's not that good [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-18-2002, 10:16 AM
RIP Dear Friend

Most of the time I do wear a helmet. The times I don't is when I am using the quads as a work tool in the fields or just a short trip to the mail box.

Also around here they are trying to pass legislation that if you are riding on public roads with a motorcycle and no helmet and you crash and are brain dead you are automatically put on the organ donor list. Your organs are harvested.

Your family will have no say where you internal organs go with no helmet.

Chet
VP Knowsalot Facility

Old 10-18-2002, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider

The only time I had to go to the hospital was about 5 months ago. I was taking a short ride on my Katana that I just got running properly. It is 1/2 mile to my uncles house and there is no houses in between. I didn't have my helmet on since it was a short ride. On the way home, the engine seized and the bike went down. Tore all of the skin off of my knee and all of my kneecap was exposed. My arms, legs, chest, back were tore up, but luckily my head never hit the ground. I had a $300 bieffe helmet for street and a $320 O'neal for dirt laying 3 feet from where my bike was parked. I now spend the 10 seconds it takes to slide my helmet on before any ride that will get out of 2nd gear.

Old 10-18-2002, 05:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Besides, I think kids look DAMN CUTE with helmets on.

I haven't bought my 4 yr old a quad yet , but can't wait to go helmet,chest protector,and boot shopping with her. She gonna look cute as hell!!!LOL.

Biggerisbetter.

Trending Topics

Old 10-18-2002, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

I ride at Sand Mountain Nevada and I am suprised at how many people do not wear helmets even on busy weekends. 10,000 bikes and only 1,000 helmets. I crap you not! I won't even go for a putt around the block without one due to my trigger happy thumb!

Old 10-19-2002, 01:44 AM
Pro Rider

i aggree everyong should wear helmets it reduses injuries and if we don't have any injuries then we have a better chance of keeping quading alive in more areas if lots of people start getting hurt then someone will be on our case be safe and ride a helmet doesn't take away from the fun l8r

Old 10-19-2002, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider

when i was younger i rolled my lt80 and it rolled over me my helmet saved my from a probabal concussion or something more serious

Quick Reply: Because of these forums we wear Helmets..