Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAPTOR?

LMFAO! ! ! You guys kill me! ! !

Old 10-21-2002, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider
Default RAPTOR?

Thats why they call us DSkillers [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Sorry I cant help myself.........just having some fun!

Old 10-21-2002, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider
Default RAPTOR?

Same here guy! ! ! My wife's '03 LE Raptor should be in any day...No, no, I didn't talk her into gettin' a Raptor. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Soon I'll have the best of both worlds ! ! ! The fastest Raptor around these parts resides in Aledo, or rumor says, and I have yet to be able to line up with him (14Mins), but the time IS coming soon! I like hangin' out in the Yamaha forum, never a dull moment!!!!
Later dude..

Old 10-21-2002, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider
Default RAPTOR?

Could be one of those monday bikes...

Old 10-21-2002, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default RAPTOR?

I'm with you bombrider! Monday- Wednesday maybe. Probably just another disillusioned Raptor rider ! ! ! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 10-21-2002, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default RAPTOR?

Boxman

Your wifes deceison to go for an LE raptor was entirely hers........Ya right
Sounds like you had some influence there........Well done!

My bro-in-law has a DS. I also have the best of both.

Welcome to the Yammi forum.
As far as never a dull moment is concerned, HELL YEAH!
There are plenty of flames to stoke [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 10-21-2002, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default RAPTOR?

All right McFly! ! ! Let's have it! The truth! I can handle it... your honest opinions on both. Pro's, con's, etc... I've heard alot of them but I want yours. I love my Bomb and haven't had much trouble from the Raptors around here! ! ! The '03 LE is the most awesome looking quad I have ever seen to date...I can't wait! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-21-2002, 01:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default RAPTOR?

OK, I do like to fuel a good fire......

Since I am an individual, and have an opinion, doesnt mean that anyone has to agree with me.
Lets just agree to disagree!!

I love both bikes.

Obviously I prefer the Raptor, otherwise I wouldnt have spent my hard earned money on it.
It is a personal thing. I love the look. As you say, it is the meanest, badest looking quad on the market.
The DS also has a different, but good look to it. It looks like an angry dragonfly.
I started out on a blaster, and my riding style developed from there. I like a light bike that I am in complete
control of. I like to throw the bike around. I can do this with the rap, but definately not with the DS.
Just too heavy. I also like the brutal low end grunt of the rap, as well as the fact that it doesnt top out at low
rpm's. The rap is very restricted stock and responds awesomely to mods. Yes you need to throw more money at her,
but its worth it. Stock, the raps handling is terrible, but ride it like that for a while, and you will be amazed at how
much you will improve as a rider. Widening the bike is a must.
The DS is much more durable and does very well with endurance/desert riding. BUT it does also break under these
harsh conditions. To me the Rap is more of an all rounder which is a big plus for me. I dont only want to be competative
in the desert, I also want to compete on the MX track. All this comparing bikes is complete BS, but hey we do it coz we can.

I believe the rap is the next banshee. They are only just discovering what can be done to it. Imagine what it will be doing
in 10 years time.

Boxman, as you say you will have the best of both worlds........enjoy them both.
Many people will be jealous of you.

Oh and of course.......My Rap is faster than your DS [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-21-2002, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default RAPTOR?

LOL ! ! ! McFly, thanks for your input! Sounds like you've made a good assesment of the two! I agree with you TOTALLY on everything except one thing, and you KNOW what that is...my Baja will STOMP your Raptor silly! And that's a fact...Jack! ! ![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Keep in touch dude, I'm gonna need some help with the wife's Rappy!!!!!

Old 10-21-2002, 04:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default RAPTOR?

That was directed mostly to SmoknDS b/c he's the only Raptor have ever raced

Quick Reply: RAPTOR?