Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

RAPTOR?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 11:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAPTOR?

Why are Ds's so much heavier & slower & more exspensive than a Raptor & why do we never see them on the East coast, who cares, stay in your DS forum!

Old 10-24-2002, 11:51 AM
Range Rover
Default RAPTOR?

Why do people even buy a raptor, when you can buy a OVERALL better quad with more power/fuel injection for the same price...(a cannondale..)

Old 10-24-2002, 03:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default RAPTOR?

I had a Early 2002 Cannondale Canibal traded it for my Raptor. I liked the Raptor better! Admittedly the early issues I did not like with the canondale have been fixed! I know this because my friend just bought an 03 it is much better than my 02 was.

Nocando

Old 10-25-2002, 03:56 PM
Trailblazer
Default RAPTOR?

They are so much faster because you have so much momentum from that heavy *** quad while going down a hill [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2002, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default RAPTOR?

"Why are Ds's so much heavier & slower & more exspensive than a Raptor & why do we never see them on the East coast, who cares, stay in your DS forum! " LMFAO [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

1. They are heavier because they are built much stronger than a rappy. You hear of very few DS's breaking stuff
2. As for slower, that's completely untrue. I have raced several raps. Stock, or modded equally, I have been the victor alot, a whole lot more than the loser. The rap "feels " faster because of it's size and weight.
3. As for being more expensive, come on now, you get what you pay for ! ! !

Maybe you guys on the east coast don't see 'em because they are SKEEEERED??? Ha! Ha! Ha! I doubt that !
I'll prowl around on any forum I want to.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2002, 06:31 PM
Range Rover
Default RAPTOR?

MY ZILLA SMOKES UM ALL......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]I have the best of all worlds .just look at my pics page.....One of my bro's (raptorrider660r)has a Rap,the other has a DS,and my best friends have a R and a 03 Dale.......I get to ride them all.HAHAHAHAHAHAHA(havent raced the rap with his new cams and piston or the dale)

Old 10-26-2002, 09:50 PM
Trailblazer
Default RAPTOR?

Your buddies black 'dale is sharp! I'm wondering how much one of those would set me back.

Old 10-27-2002, 01:12 AM
Range Rover
Default RAPTOR?

Maybe if you take the msrp from both companies. The fact is there are many dealers selling the dales around 6200-6500. You can get them both for the same price. Dont really see how you can pay all that for a raptor when you could have got an overall better quad for the same price, but buy whatever you like [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-27-2002, 02:03 AM
Trailblazer
Default RAPTOR?

The thing is with me.... I'm more than willing to pay however much more it costs me for a Raptor.,., a quad made by a company that has been building machines for 10+ years.. than whatever it costs me for a quad made by an American (woohoo, I love America) company........ I dont care where its made, or how much it costs, I simply asked how much it will cost me to buy a Black 'dale.... I don't care who made it, or how they made it, or where they made it... the Yamaha Raptor (as far as I'm concerned) is the best sport quad ever made.... considering the mod's available........ there arent many mods available for the 'dale's becuase they are supposed to be the best money can buy..... off the showroom floor... but I can ride my Raptor up any hill at least 1 second faster than a stock 'dale... so you pay your price for a stock 'dale, while I'll put my money AND pride into my modded Raptor cuz I know its something I built, based on experianced design.......
Cannibals, Speed's, even Glamis's beware.,.,.,., becuase once these modded Raptors (with worth while riders) hit the hills, you're in the roost.....

p.s. not trying to trash talk, i was just wondering how much a black 'dale will cost me, becuase i think my son might want something to chase me up the hill with

Old 10-27-2002, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider
Default RAPTOR?

everyone has opinions, driving conditions and skills play a large part

i have lost, i have won(more)it don't matter just race!

and for the cannondale, they already have high compression, you make the raptor have the same compression and the dale isn't even close.