Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Last minute help, and packing advice needed.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2002, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Last minute help, and packing advice needed.

Lol, I sound stupid but what kind of box do I need and what kind of packing should I use? Unless school completely wears me out, which I really doubt it will, tomorow im going to take off the head and cylinder and pack her up and send her in for bore/hone, high comp piston, new cam, valve lapping, and port job.

On to the second question, im getting a new piston its a piston kit whatever the heck that is. Dont I need a new rod and rod bearings?. Machine is a 98. If I did get new a new rod and bearings how hard is that to put in? My dad will help me with any work I need done but he never wants to see my transmission..... ever.. unless it falls out the bottom of the engine.

One final question, how hard is it to put a new clutch in and could it just be my oil making it slip. Seems like every since I can remember it slips in high gears under power. I run 10w-40 motorcycle pure synthetic oil. Valvoline I think, tried penzoil too. Dont remember if the penzoil slipped but it wasnt motorcycle oil.

After i get all that done, and the yammy dealerships quit blowing me off about the recall on the rear brake my baby will be like new +20hp [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Having a rear brake will be a new experience for me, im so used to practically hanging off the back of the machine to make a quick stop.

Old 10-22-2002, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Last minute help, and packing advice needed.

Cmon guys, shes going tomorow, need to know atleast what kind of box I need..... wooden, cardboard, plastic, metal, paper mache', aol cds glued together... etc....