Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

-UPS-

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2002, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default -UPS-

I went ahead and used fed ex. The head and clinder are wrapped in bubble wrap and in seperate boxes inside another bigger box with foam on the bottoms and sides and every inch of play filled in with styrofoam. Only problem is all that junk added 12lbs to my shipping weight. Fedex didnt have a box on the form for insurance though, so I dont know if i have any insurance on it?!?!?! The way I packed it you would have to run it over with a truck or beat it with a sledge hammer to do any real damage, but hey, it could happen.... Not to mention they tricked me into getting weekend shipping which cost me an extra 10 bucks. Came out to like 33 bucks or so.... ouch...

Old 10-25-2002, 08:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default -UPS-

razormazer Nope I didnt let that go easilly, I paid for 1200.00 insurance and it had 200.00 damage and I was p***ed off. I talked to everyone at UPS and all the higher up managers and that was it. I sent a 1200.00 computer scanner to someone that I sold on eBay and it was like they dragged it behind their truck when it arrived. I packed that thing like there was no tomorrow. They can just say anything now a days and they are covered. Like I said before, go to someone else to pack and ship it for you, it may cost a little more but its out of your hands.

Old 10-25-2002, 08:33 PM
Range Rover
Default -UPS-

I have sent numerous shocks to kentucky and canada via U.S. Postal Service with not a problem. Postal service is cheaper, faster, and I think they don't kick your crap up to the door.

Old 10-25-2002, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default -UPS-

My buddy tried to buy some paddle tires. They were sent by fedex and they lost them. Can't find them so we keep putting off our trip to the dunes. Screw fedex. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2002, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default -UPS-

I feel like holding a gun the the inspectors head when he gets here. i think i can weld and fix it with a ton of work. I hate UPS. Anybody wanna see it pm me ur e-mail and ill send u the pic.

EsHe

Old 10-25-2002, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default -UPS-

I work in the shipping dept. of a company on second shift, we are the ups man's last stop of the day, you otta see how he tosses the boxes in his truck, he dosen't give a sh$t.

Old 10-25-2002, 10:36 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default -UPS-

On the other hand, I have dealt with UPS for YEARS and have only had 2 incidents out of probably 75......what was it? Late by one day...EXCELLENT service. JMO!

Always get a tracking # after the product has been shipped.

Old 10-25-2002, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default -UPS-

I guess I should have added, it has been almost 2 years since I have had any dealings with UPS peeps. I prefer Fed-Ex or actually.... AAA Freight, everytime we had a problem with a box, you open it in front of the driver, if the goods are damaged, he calls his CO and makes a claim right then and there, can't get easier than that.

Old 10-26-2002, 12:50 AM
Trailblazer
Default -UPS-

I work for a ups, and I watch those loader/unloaders and what happens is you get some guy getting paid 8.50 an hour, who is getting yelled at by management not to hold things up and to go faster. so sometimes the boxes get thrown around or stepped on or jammed in the belt, the guy in the truck doesnt care, he just wants to get the hell out of there and drink beer. ups doesnt care, they just want the truck to leave the hub on time. and half of the loaders are teenagers who think it is fun to kick the box that says fragile. Im sure this happens with most shipping companys to some extent, so my best advice is pack it really well before you ship with any company. Ive had the best luck with the post office, but I like the tracking feature of ups.

Old 10-26-2002, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default -UPS-

thats sounds right 86LTR I dont put fragile on any box. Its just to inviting for the shipping people.