Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

-UPS-

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2002, 02:57 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default -UPS-

My buddy used to work for ups and he said he will never use ups after what he saw. He said they kicked,punted and even p!ssed on boxes at times. They fu(ked me once and I did raise he!!! I like their new commercial. It says how can we help you? I'm thinkin' don't break my stuff! UPS is so big they don't have to worry about the little guy who makes up their whole buisness. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 10-26-2002, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider
Default -UPS-

Originally posted by: 86LTR
I work for a ups... ...Ive had the best luck with the post office.

LOL

USPS is cheaper and faster, never had a problem with them. UPS just screwed me and a friend on a new cam they were a week late on.

Old 10-26-2002, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default -UPS-

My ups man just HURLED my set of heads for my 350 onto the porch[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]. I had the guy ship them in seperate boxes so he wouldnt have to lift a whole set of heads at one time. It made it just light enough to were the POS could chunk each one on my porch before i got out there!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 10-26-2002, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default -UPS-

yeah, have plenty of horror stories about ups as well.
when ya ship tho: make sure the weight is centered in the box, and make sure it doesnt move around. if it does, your box will show up looking like an old basketball at best!
i have had better luck with fedex , incl fedex ground.

Old 10-27-2002, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default -UPS-

We have a couple of dogs, they are nice dogs, never bit anyone, Labradors. But the UPS guy uses that as an excuse for kicking or throwing our deliveries out into the driveway, where, you guessed it, the dogs get there first. We have found many items in the yard, all chewed up. thank you UPS, you suck.
....FedEx comes to our door, rings the bell and gets a signature. The USPS is cool too.

Old 10-27-2002, 01:54 AM
Trailblazer
Default -UPS-

Hey, Man, go easy on UPS guys!!

Seriously, dude sorry to hear 'bout your dinged pkg. I'm a UPS Driver and I hate to hear about service failures. It also is sad to hear others in this thread and their bad experiences w/ UPS. I personally don't EVER throw customer's pkgs when loading them into the truck (or when delivering them for that matter).

Unfortunately the situation we have @ ebay is one of little accountability. You're depending on someone to ship you something that you have no control over the way it is packed. Quite often UPS will claim items up for claim were not packed correctly--which in many cases is true--to get out of paying you the damages, and force the customer to deal directly w/ the shipper to get any satisfaction. I will grant you I wish UPS as a company wasn't quite so demanding on pkg handling speed and high expectations on production. I feel that would cut down on a significant portion of the claims each year.

I wish I could be more help but I hope your dilemma is resolved to your satisfaction and that you won't hate UPS forever!

==>Chris

Old 10-27-2002, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider
Default -UPS-

This was my first and hopefully last bad experience with ups. I have had like 80+ packages come through ups and thank goodness the heads werent damaged. The guy I bought them from had common sense and put them in a box inside a box wich was inside another box[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. I still prefer fedex though b/c he brings snacks for my pitbull[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

Old 10-27-2002, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider
Default -UPS-

Chris ya know thats a good point, as fedex supplies their own boxes.
i never thot of that, however.....ups has some ppl in the terminals who USED to work
for USPS, or should i say, USPOD. when if ya got it at all, you were lucky.