Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Tony Steward(nascar) Owns a raptor

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2002, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tony Steward(nascar) Owns a raptor

alll this talk about racing and no rusty wallace?
That is why there was no talk about Crusty Wallace, because we are talking about racing. LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
I don't think Crusty will continue his streak this year.

Old 11-05-2002, 11:53 AM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: MichaelAZ
I am just glad I was born regardless of the year.
Exactlly !! Remember no matter how bad it gets , how crappy of a day it is , 1 time 1day you were the fastest swimmer out of millions, and they cant ever take that from you,<STRONG>EVER</STRONG>! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
LOL, I had to think about that for a second and finally my slow mode brain processor finally switched to the right spot. I always have been a good swimmer.

Chet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-05-2002, 12:40 PM
Elite Pro Rider

i JUST GOT THE MENTAL PICTURE OF THAT. LOL

Old 11-05-2002, 01:20 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: velociraptor
Hey didn't Sterlin Marlin get out of his car to "wrench" on it last year? HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaa
I forgot about that. Didn't they have the cars stopped on the track and he got out and pulled on the fender? Track official ran over and stopped him from further wrenching.

So yes, Sterling Marlin can wrench.

Chet

Old 11-05-2002, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

Wasn't that the first race of this year? Daytona?

Old 11-05-2002, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

alll this talk about racing and no rusty wallace?
Rusty is my favorite driver actually, I am glad he is switching to Dodge next year since I own a dodge and have a #2 sticker on the back, and I like them more than the Ford's.

Old 11-05-2002, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider

Yea that was this years daytona. That was great. Dale sr. did the same thing one, he got out to clean his windshield off under a red flag. That was Sterlings defense about doing it.

Old 11-05-2002, 08:42 PM
RIP Dear Friend

I thought it was last year sometime. Daytona is going to be here again before you know it.

Chet

Old 11-06-2002, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

How would you like to have those guys’ schedules? They get a week off in November, off December and then start testing in January for Daytona. AAAWWWW.... What am I say this are doing what they love for a living. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

But I bet sometimes they wish they just had a regular job... One thing I have learned in my “post adolescent” (to hard to say adult) years is that the grass is not always greener on the other side, but it doesn't hurt to hop over and take a look around every once in awhile.

Old 11-06-2002, 12:07 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Ward660R
This might be a bad topic so feel free to bash away. I am kinda new to the "open wheeled" racing but I absolutly love it, more the street than the ovals. Whats the diff between IRL and CART?

OK, The IRL has naturaly asperated engines that are rev limited & only runs on ovals, It's basicly a spec series.

CART has turbo engines, runs on ovals, natural terrain road courses, & temporary street courses. It's The premier open wheel series.

Tony George (AKA The Devil) Wanted control in CART & was voted down. He got mad & started the IRL.
The first year he restricted most of the Indy 500 field to IRL teams & this split American open wheel racing in two.

CART has made several overtures to IRL to get open wheel racing back together but Tony "the a$$hole" George has always said it's my way or the highway.

Excuse my rantings but I love open wheeled racing & the CART/ IRL split has hurt both series bad. Attendance is way down & costs have gone up.
CART was the fastest most compeditive open wheel serirs on the planet. The split has caused teams to split, engine manufactures to leave both series & sponsers to stay away.

Quick Reply: Tony Steward(nascar) Owns a raptor