Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Tony Steward(nascar) Owns a raptor

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2002, 12:29 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tony Steward(nascar) Owns a raptor

All this bad talk about Stewart. Atleast he wins races. What about these guys like Buckshot Jones and Spencer, Bodine, Robby Gordon that just go out there and cause big Wrecks all the time And then blame it on someone else. These are the guys you need to talk bad about. You wonder how some guys can keep a job wrecking week after week. I guess there the new safety design testers.

Old 10-30-2002, 02:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I hear ya CHet.....was still at the top of his game when he left too. This season, considering the trouble everyone has had, would have probably have been easy pickins for that 8th title.

Although I am not a fan of Stewarts, he is an awesome driver.....I see nothing wrong with getting people out of your way when they are talking shi$ either. I would like too see driver interviews stop. Same exact lines from all drivers.....sheesh!

Old 10-30-2002, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider

Tony stewart rocks,he may have got in trouble but he aint as whinny as a lot of guys out there...speaking of gordon,robbie jumps his like stock f 150 in the dunes at the end of huevos 3,pretty kool!

Old 10-30-2002, 03:56 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: garyc660R
was still at the top of his game when he left too. This season, considering the trouble everyone has had, would have probably have been easy pickins for that 8th title.
You are correct on that.

That was such a good last race. Waltrip winning his first race with the help of his boss, and then it was over. He died before his time.

I thought it interesting that how Stewart let little E win a few races back.

Chet

Old 10-30-2002, 04:17 PM
Pro Rider

Chet,
I was at Talladega for that one and at the end of the race I think it was Tony Eury came on the radio and said that Stewart told them he was not leaving Dale. Then Tony Eury said "we didn't tell you because we didn't know if we should believe him." I found that kind of interesting. There is do much that happens behind the scenes we will never see. God, I love motor sport!!!

Old 10-30-2002, 04:41 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: jcsact
God, I love motor sport!!!
Me too,

I remember when they used to race on Saturdays back in the late 60's and early seventies.

When I was first able to drive in 1972 I got white lettered tires because I thought it was so cool watching those tires spin going down the pit lane on TV.

Chet

Old 10-30-2002, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

I think it was '72 when I got my first bicycle!!! LOL I wish I hadn't put all those dallas cowboy and la dodger baseball cards in my spokes!!!!! (remember how cool it was to put your least favorite players in your spokes and the rumble of the topps cards [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])

Old 10-30-2002, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

72' I wasn't even thought of yet well I might have been thought of but not planned :-) born in 75'. I had my first Schwinn in 79' or 80' still have it some where. I had another bike before but the frame broke.

I think a set of wheels and raised white letters really sets off a vehicle though. I have a set of Cragars and raised white letters on the 48' Chevy Pickup.

Old 10-30-2002, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider

I love Nascar, although Tony Stewart isnt my favorite driver, he is cool, without guys like him the sport might get a little boring. Thats cool that he has a Raptor, I kinda figured he would be into either dirtbikes or quads since I believe he owns a dirtbike team.

Old 10-30-2002, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider

MichealAZ,

Robbie Gordon and you don't like whiners ok,...... right.
He's cool that he can race about anything but he is a whiner big whiner, he needs to stay out in the desert.

Quick Reply: Tony Steward(nascar) Owns a raptor