Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tony Steward(nascar) Owns a raptor

#3 will live forever

Old 11-03-2002, 05:32 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Stewart and the race today. 11/03/02

The race over, national TV talking to him and the first words out of his mouth are "that car was piece of Sh@T". [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Then they pan away the camera and say Tony is a little upset.

He is just slowly cutting his own throat.

Chet

Old 11-03-2002, 06:32 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Dale could take a piece of **** and put it in victory lane.

Blocking is the name of the game in restor plates. No reaso to get killed. The number 3 put nascar where it is today. He opened up a whole new world for the rest to follow. Whether you like him or not the drivers agree he got the ball rolling for them to acell in the $$ department.

Old 11-03-2002, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 14mins
Dale could take a piece of **** and put it in victory lane.

Blocking is the name of the game in restor plates. No reaso to get killed. The number 3 put nascar where it is today. He opened up a whole new world for the rest to follow. Whether you like him or not the drivers agree he got the ball rolling for them to acell in the $$ department.
Once again close but no cigar 14mins!!LOL!!
The number 43 is what made NASCAR what it is today!
Blocking is not the name of the game in resistor plate racing drafting is & Big E was a master at it.
But when he didn't have the best car he'd block or crash you!!

Old 11-03-2002, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

Well, at least we know what Steward's pit crew are working on between races!

Old 11-04-2002, 10:57 AM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: lonestarbanshee
Well, at least we know what Steward's pit crew are working on between races!
LOL, there working on his piece of Sh@T".

Chet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-04-2002, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider

I am not a Stewart fan but the media over plays those kind of incidents and can make people look bad. But Tony is playing right into there hands. I have to give the guy credit he says what is on his mind. I do however think he needs to use a little better judgment. Did he say it live on the air or was it just taped and played later? I had to leave right after the race was over and didn't get to see the entire post race. Man this season has been odd; 5 first time winners, 2 rookies in the top 5, and the guy that finished dead last in the first race is now leading the points.

Old 11-04-2002, 12:07 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: jcsact
I do however think he needs to use a little better judgment. Did he say it live on the air or was it just taped and played later?
It was live right at the end of the programing.

I know I have been watching NASCAR for sure since 1969 and know what Richard Petty did for the sport. There has been a huge fan base come on stream in the last 10 years and I don't think a lot of people unless they were there watching the races back then like me can appreciate Richard Petty even though they know of him.

Chet

Old 11-04-2002, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider

There has been a huge fan base come on stream in the last 10 years and I don't think a lot of people unless they were there watching the races back then like me can appreciate Richard Petty even though they know of him.
Chet,
I totally agree with you on that. I have only been following NASCAR for the last 10 years or so and the last thing I remember of guys like Richard Petty or Darrel Waltrip was that at the end of the race they were either broke or they crashed. I know they did a lot for the sport but guys like me didn't get to see that. And if you dig a little bit and see the stats on those guys they were unbelievable. But then you open up the question of, could a "New Kid" race with the equipment from yester year or could one of the "Old Timers" race with today’s equipment and be competitive. I think the whole ballgame has changed. Just my own opinion though.

Old 11-04-2002, 12:54 PM
RIP Dear Friend

jcsact,

That's hard to say.

If you can view old footage from the sixties when I started watching the races the cars were actually stock cars that were modified. The term stock cars comes from that era because you could literally drive to the track in the fifties, race your stock car and then drive it home.

There far from a stock car now.

Chet

Quick Reply: Tony Steward(nascar) Owns a raptor