Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2002, 11:25 AM
RIP Dear Friend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor owners

Originally posted by: McFly
Looks like Velocityraptors (icon) could use some of Chets chaffing cream for his teeth as well [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
LOL,

I sure would hate to get bit by Velocityraptors. That is one set of choppers and if he keeps moving them all the time like that he will need the chaffing cream.

Chet

Old 11-05-2002, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor owners

Wheel spacers are a real cheap way to stabilize side to side, that is if you don't intend to jump a lot. As far as flipping over: on steep hill climbs she will flip over easy, learn to lean forward & fan the clutch big time & she stays on all fours, I learned it the hard way. Oh ya, expect to install a heftier clutch too!

Old 11-05-2002, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor owners

i got rid of those stock radial tires and the tippiness went away.
lots more grip with holeshots, and fewer flats!
and sit up front "like riding a horse" back straight, heels down, dont let yer butt slide back down that seat, or like someone else said, that raptor might just decide to ride you! lol

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2002, 07:20 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Raptor owners

raptor8,
i dont know about you, but the stock radials have too much grip on my machine. thats why its harder to slide in corners, but easier to ride in sand. the dunlops hook up a helluva lot better on most surfaces, save for hardpack dirt like on an mx track.

i havent noticed the raptor wanting to tip sideways 99.9% of the time that i ride. Only on corners that i know im going too fast on does she try to throw me off. easily remidied by slippery tires or a simple release of the throttle.

and by the way Chet, that was a nice save.

Old 11-07-2002, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor owners

Originally posted by: RAPTORYFM660r
Originally posted by: McFly
Looks like Velocityraptors (icon) could use some of Chets chaffing cream for his teeth as well [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
LOL,

I sure would hate to get bit by Velocityraptors. That is one set of choppers and if he keeps moving them all the time like that he will need the chaffing cream.

Chet

LMFAO!!! watch out it bites!

Old 11-08-2002, 12:40 AM
RIP Dear Friend
Default Raptor owners

velocityraptor,

that looks like my cat when a stray Quad comes on the property.

Them stray quads don't stay long when the cat is running after them and you can now see why!!!!!!!

Chet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-08-2002, 03:40 AM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor owners

How come every time I make a joke about someones icon, they go and change it.

Old 11-08-2002, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor owners

i heard they are very tippy but i want one!

Old 11-08-2002, 07:03 PM
Trailblazer
Default Raptor owners

in no way is a rap very tippy. people who say that are stupid, yes they are a little more tippy then a 400ex or a z400 and from what a heard the z is not much better. but that is because the raptor is set up for woods riding. if you just up the preload all the way up front it makes it alot less tippy. i love the way my rap handes, it rips though the woods, i rode a 400ex alot before i bought my rap and i would take my quad over a 400ex any day. you just have to know how to handle a raptor to ride it fast, and that is not an easy thing to do it takes some time and changes in your riding style. after i got it down i think it handles very well. dont let people that cant handle the power tell you that the rap handles bad. i rip up banshees and 400exs all day in the woods with my stock rap. if you love power and ride in woods the rap is #1

Old 11-08-2002, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor owners

hey dog. no, i have NOTHING GOOD to say about those radials. probably difference in conditions and soils. i had two flats in one day, of a total of 5 flats in 3 months, and that was it. the stiffer 6 plys went on.
i DO use the radials for duning......good there......i only dune once or twice a year...
it always felt kinda sloppy to me with the radials... the XCT stiffened it up, now i find it easy to 'steer with all four' hehe
more than our share of sharp rocks around here [ volcanic] so everyone carries a flat kit......
i dont anymore, and havent had a problem....
anyway, prob difference in soils, riding styles, who knows, but that 'tippiness' is always brought up by someone who doesnt own a raptor.....did ya notice......who started that anyway, honda? hehe

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Raptor owners