Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 09:30 PM
RIP Dear Friend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor owners

When I first came on the forums it was gary660ccr that suggested to air up the tires on the raptor so when I leave our place they are aired up to over 6 psi and I just haven't had a flat or just lucky.

Chet

Old 11-08-2002, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor owners

You sound lucky, Chet.
both kids ahve raptors, and none of them have the radials on them anymore. too many flats.
lotsa sharp rocks here, volcanic and otherwise.
but i do like the way it handles with the XCT tires. plus a hair more clearance which yes, you will notice.

have fun!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-08-2002, 10:04 PM
RIP Dear Friend
Default Raptor owners

raptor8,

It will be just my luck even talking about it I will get one now. We have a lot of rock roads here and yes I guess I am just lucky.

Chet

Old 11-08-2002, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor owners

OH raptor probelms their is lots of them tippy hell yes you have to ride it like a motorcycle evey time you stop you have to put your feet down so it dosnt tip over .. Rememer what Dirtwheels says its a lumbering 4 stroke so Raptors are extremely slow.. LOL did i miss anything?

Rator8 are you telling me that the volcanic rocks are sharp? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
The volcanic glass is some nasty stuff cant think of the name???? My stockers are holding up fine but you ride more woods than i..

Old 11-08-2002, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor owners

did i jinx you with the word 'volcanic' ? LOL

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-08-2002, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor owners

he!! yeah theyre sharp! and that really nasty stuff is obsidian......found outcrops of it all over the woods! the stuff the indians made arrowheads out of....
.and i seem to remember DW saying something to thr effect that my blaster is faster and better than my raptor cuz its cheaper. whew
.heres an idea.......let's market gag kickstands for raptors with a name similar to DW on it?
xmas idea????? hey, the chinese wouldnt hesitate.

hey Rob, thinking about 4 corners tomorrow...a couple friends are going out...yes I'll bring my big fold out canopy in case it rains. But imagine those trails!!!!! and the groomers just got done out there yesterday!!!! yes! i'll pm ya my phone #

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH yeah: the reason yer radials hold up better is cuz their in the garage!!!!!
dunehound! you're not fooling anyone! LOL

Old 11-09-2002, 08:14 AM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor owners

I'll vote yes for flipping easily, backwards if thats what your talking about. My 200 pound *** cant even hold it down. With the few mods that I have, I am forced to begin drag races that have the berm style takeoff. If its totally flat I'ts not even worth trying to race.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-09-2002, 09:43 AM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor owners

Delta, just lean over the gas tank almost as if you were checking the front tires and pin it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-09-2002, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor owners

I heard with some mods the motor really comes to life, But the guy that my friend got his z from told us that he almost got killed on one because it got to tipsy on the trails, he woulda bought the raptor if not hearing that from him and a few other people, needless to say he loaded a z on the truck isntead the raptor.

EsHe
---------------------------------------
88 Warrior
DG Alloy Nerfs
Pro Circuit T-4
Jetted
Pro Design intake
K&N Filter
DP Racing Brake Pads
Duro Rear Hard Pack Race Tires
New Plastic
New 98 Bottom End