Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

ct racing or yoshimura pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2002 | 12:32 AM
|
Range Rover
Default ct racing or yoshimura pipe?

I have a '02 bone stock raptor. Im definitely going to put some sort of exhaust on the machine. Raced a brand new piped banshee this weekend and got beat pretty bad. Which pipe should i purchase, the ct or yoshi and why? Thanks!!!!!

Old 11-13-2002 | 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

my dads got the ct works good spose to have the biggest hp increase according to dw

Old 11-13-2002 | 12:49 AM
|
Range Rover

thank ya BlasterRyder for the info. I saw the pipe shootout in dirtwheels but you know how bias they can be. Seems like most people on here likes the yoshi but i want to know why? Also should I go into porting my raptor and whats the $ in porting?

Old 11-13-2002 | 12:51 AM
|
Range Rover

thanks airraptor for the info looks like you have a real machine

Old 11-13-2002 | 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

ya i'm not saying its neccesarly the best but it definalty helps he also has now got some porting done high compression piston, and new cam all from ct racing are local dealer also suggests ct for the rap so thats why we went for it. good luck with you pipe choice

Old 11-13-2002 | 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

dirtwheels picked yoshi has the winner of the pipe shoot out...i love mine...i have raced a few w/ a ct and i killed them...looks cool. insane gains over the whole range and it sounds F**kin mean... but not a loud mean...just MEAN!!!

i love mine...i think it is the best pipe u can get...plus they make the best street bike pipes too...

Old 11-13-2002 | 01:07 AM
Pro Rider

The reason is simple. The Yoshimura pipe is the best built pipe hands down. the quality speaks for itself. *all the yoshi guys are nodding right now*

Quality plus performance it makes a big difference.I have the full Yoshi with titanium canister. Just by adding that pipe my airbox and jet kit .. the difference is hugeYoshi
The pipe will outlive the bike..at least the cansiter will..

when i put this pipe on it woke up the whole powerband if you can imagine so..hitting much harder and revving alot quicker..it does change the powerband. I noticed when it was stock that the power delivery was a steady climb to a peak..but now it just grunts all the way hard and fast and the top end is scary......

I had 3 pipes previous to this i had the white bros E series Pipe and the R4 also an FMF..none of them could even come close when it comes to quality and performance.. the only one gripe i have about the pipe is that its a real tight fit..enough to make you curse alot.in fact i actually snapped off a header stud and had to drop the whole engine..then the stud had to be drilled out and rethreaded..what a nightmare!!! alll for a $1.85 stud...so be careful when you do install it...and dont touch it with your fingers that much otherwise your fingerprintc can leave marks on the header when she gets hot..use some rubbing alcohol to clean it from now and then

Old 11-13-2002 | 01:13 AM
|
Range Rover

thanks a lot joeyd for the info, think ill go with the yoshi. I havent heard many positive things about the ct racing and all positive about the yoshi.

Old 11-13-2002 | 01:32 AM
Pro Rider

ok well have fun with the more power guess i get outvoted but hey thats ok i'm sure the yoshi is also an excellent pipe and we nver compared it so i couldn't really compare it l8r

Old 11-13-2002 | 01:51 AM
|
Range Rover

what in the heck makes the ct so hard to tune???? Ive read that in previous discussions. /so you dont have to tune the yoshi??

Quick Reply: ct racing or yoshimura pipe?