Old 08-27-2004 | 02:50 PM
Trailblazer
Default ct racing or yoshimura pipe?

Yawn!

Old 08-28-2004 | 01:49 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Raptor660Fam
I've tried the CT and Sparks.... Sparks wins by a long shot... The CT pipe is much heavier too....
There you go again, running your mouth about ct. 1.5 pounds is not a lot, and the hp differences are less than 2. Not to mention ct is a couple hundred dolars cheaper, has an adujstable disc system to reduce noise, and is quieter even with all of the discs in. Try getting a sparks pipe, they are on back order for months, not to mention any other kind of work for the raptor from them.

Old 08-28-2004 | 05:57 PM
Pro Rider

Sparks' wait may be long, but nobody compares to their bikes so far??? They are reigning CHAMPS out west BAR NONE!!! We have raced CT686's and they can't lift a finger to the other 686's out there, not even in the running with a Sparks bike. The pipe IS heavier than that 1.5lbs quote guaranteed, by the way the bracket on the CT pipe just BROKE off my sister's bike (nice quality)

There is no comparisson, try a sparks pipe and you will see??? I ran a CT pipe on my 686 for a while but I couldn't stand the diff. in pipe performance, I HAVE FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE.

Old 08-28-2004 | 06:38 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I thought kenz beat them and the all the other raptors this year?

I am comparing the pipes, not the kits, porting, or anything else. I agree that sparks builds some wicked raptors. I'm just saying that the ct pipe is in the same league as the sparks and is just as good or better pipe for the money. There are plenty of people who run fmf, white bros, and other pipes even though they dont make the most hp. For over a hundred bucks less and a minimal loss in performance if any, you can have a ct and have it in a week.

I'm not putting down sparks, or its bikes. But I think that ct is a better choice. Now I'm not trying to convert you to the same belief, I just dont like you putting ct down in such a way.

TAKE IT EASY!!!

Old 08-28-2004 | 07:43 PM
Pro Rider

No Kenz did not beat them and the all the other raptors this year?... they did well in a few of the classes though, sparks won about 80% of the classes... Bar none the number one...

I am just saying from personal experience there is not a comparisson for what I do which is duning, trail riding, and drag racing... CT is OK but Sparks is better in my opinion???

Old 08-28-2004 | 07:55 PM
Elite Pro Rider

If ct is no comparison in your opinion, I'd hate to see what you would say about fmf, dg, and the other entry level pipes. Sparks, ct, lte, and maybe duncan and lrd are the upper eschelon of raptor pipes. I havent had one on my bike, but I've been on one that did have it. Its a great pipe, but by no means so much better than the ct that it is not even in the same league. In your opinion then, does any pipe compare favorably in any way to the sparks?

Your opinion and my opinion are just that, opinions. But the difference is you wont see me bashing sparks every chance I get.

Old 08-28-2004 | 08:40 PM
Pro Rider

We have 7 raptors in the family and about another 10 people with raptors that we ride with and ALL have various pipe combinations. Anyone in our group will say if they did it again would go with sparks???

I am not downing CT but hands down I believe Sparks is better. as far as other companies, I have heard that the only pipes making more hp are drag pipes???

If someone asks my opinion, YES every single opportunity I will say sparks is the best, every time, just like you always saying that CT is better. I said sparks was the best even when I owned the CT so it is not the fact that I own the best.

opinions opinions opinions are what it boils down to...

Old 08-28-2004 | 10:18 PM
Trailblazer

my friend had a ct on his rappy but he didnt like bc it didnt sound like a 4 strokes suposed to sound like. hes a mental case buti think ct is good I'd go for it