Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

HELP::: banshee on ebay, is it good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2002, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP::: banshee on ebay, is it good deal?

Hey, I started a message a few days ago but I think it didn't go through because of engine trouble. I have a question. I want to buy a banshee on ebay that I have been looking at. I talked to the buyer and everything went well so far. I am looking for as many good or bad opinions as I can get. the auction ends at noon tomarrow (monday) and I need to know what people think. I think it's a good deal. I have wanted a banshee for years but don't have the funds to buy a new one. please any advice on buying ATVs on ebay or words of wisdom about this. thanks

Old 11-17-2002, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

Whats the price, condition, year model, mods??? We need more info.

Old 11-17-2002, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

what is the item # also ? we will be able to find it with that and give opinions .

Old 11-17-2002, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

wow what a retard. I'm in a bit of a blur about this I forgot the damn site.

'96 shee on ebay

Up for bid is a very nice 1996 yamaha banshee with many new parts and accesseries. To start off the motor has just had new standard bore Weisco pistons and rings installed. Motor has all new seal and gaskets throughout top and bottom. All motor work was done by Wickham Motorsports. It has has a 2 into 1 carb manafold with a 36mm flatslide carb, k&n air filter and prefilter. This helps the machine better at low end but doesnt effect top end performance. This machine does at least 90 mph. Some other mods include twist throttle, DG skid plate, DG nerf bars, foot peg extenders, Ceramic coated Toomy T3 pipes and silencers.(very rare to find), renthal bars. I will end the auction if someone will pay $3,200. Also all stock parts are included( carbs, airbox, pipes, silencers, tires a few sets. If you have any questions email me at J4everskat@aol.com Thanks Happy Bidding.

Vehicle Condition

This machine runs and starts great excellent. Tires are going to need to be changed in the future. Nerfbar netting has been sewn. This thing really rips!!!

Terms of Sale

Buyer must pick up, will drive a little ways to meet buyer. A $300 deposit is due within 5 days of auction end, other amount paid at time of pickup.

Old 11-17-2002, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

sounds good !!!!! it is cheaper to buy a quad with add ons already on it . see if he will let you do a compression test before you close the deal . also check the front end for exsessive wear and swingarm bearings for play . if so see if he will drop the price a little . sound good though !!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-17-2002, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

thanks. I'll keep that in mind. how do you go about checking the compression???

Old 11-18-2002, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider

I bet the reserve is 2800 or so, go for it!

Old 11-18-2002, 12:49 PM
Range Rover

No more then $3000.00 That is about the going price

Old 11-18-2002, 01:29 PM
Pro Rider

Got an update for you guys:

nobody put a bid on it so i figure it's 4 hours away so I might as well go up and take a look at it myself. When I talked to the kid it sounded fishy (on the phone). He told me the reason he had the new pistons and rings put in because his friend told him the pistons were loose???? to my knowledge wouldn't you have to open up the engine to see that. Secondly, he said he has never opened it up, yea I DOUBT IT. I mean I'll go look at it but I have lost all faith in this person's word. what do you think?

OK part two:

Today I'm going up to a town next to mine to look at another banshee somebody is selling. It's a 96. I talked to the kid on the phone he sounded good. Said he bought it on ebay two years or so ago. Did a lot of work on it, has $2,000 in receets (spelling is horrible) for it. He is selling it because after enjoying it for the last few years he really doesn't ride it because his friends sold most of theirs and he is doing a rebuild on a Chevy S-10 so he needs the money. Said he was sorry to be getting rid of it. This person sounds more truthfull about it all so This evening I will put up some pictures somewhere with a link here so you can see it and tell me what you all think. Anybody else with ideas for things to look at/ questions to ask let me know here or e-mail me.

Peace