Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior Mods?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2000, 11:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a new warrior about a year ago, and Finally have earned quite a bit of money for mods but, I don't know what type of mods would help the most. any suggestions?

Old 04-03-2000, 02:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Veermax,
As a Warrior rider, my first suggestion would be to replace the sorry air filter that Yamaha insists on inflicting on their customers with a Pro Design air box filter & adapter, about $90.
You don't say how much you're prepared to spend, so I'' assume it's $1000Next, I'd recommend some good after market suspension to allow your ride to perform at its'present potential.I run TCS shocks from C T Racing, $650.Lastly, agood pipe and silencer to give your Warrior more torque or top end , as you prefer. Ther are many more things such as better tires skid plates, etc. The list goes on and some would dispute my priorities here, but so be it.These are some of the things I've done with my ride, and I'll stick with them

Old 04-03-2000, 02:24 AM
Pro Rider

It's hard to say without knowing what you are trying to accomplish. So, here goes the best I can do...

1. Check the posts in here titled "cheap warrior mods" and "how to make a warrior faster".
2. Try cheap things 1st, then step up if it's not enough. A lot of heavy mods may not be nessisary.
3. Try dropping 1 tooth on the front sprocket. (not mentioned in posts) this usually makes better use of your engine bottom-2-top.
4. Remember you will need better handling to truely harness your new found power. I recommend new stock size tires w/stiffer sidewalls (Bandit XC's/Holeshots ect.) on new aluminum rims and works shocks. A wider stance may just be wasted money if you don't overpower stock a-arms and axles.
5. Remember some mods don't work without others, some mods don't work together, and some mods go hand in hand. Get as much info as possible and use common sense before spending hard earned money.

Well, I could go on all day. Just post your wants, riding style and terrain. Then I can point out some things that will help.

Old 04-03-2000, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

I put a Wiseco 10.25:1 piston and an FMF Megamax pipe on my wifes Warrior. This made it have quit a bit more midrange...To me, midrange=FUN...

Old 04-03-2000, 10:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

there is a lot of things you can do to upgrade a warrior.1, get front shocks ,(works $300)stock fronts suck.rear shock is good enough,i jump far and havnt bottomed yet(160lbs).reinforced rims are the way to go($120 apeace).plan aluminum platten out if you jump far.if you are trying to shed lbs. go with a lighter tire like scorpions,the hook good plus there cheap.if you are putting a .390 cam with 10.25 stock bore(real good combo),14 tooth is good on trails or track,15 on front real good for speed.if u r keeping motor stock 14 isnt bad.cheaper for the front than the back.steering stabilizer is good(about $120).if u jump u will bend the axle(durablue about $300).oil cooler is a good idea,u can use the hook up from a older big bear i think (i have to look in my receipts to see what i asked for if your interested)about $140 for all hardware,then get a small cooler from jegs.alot cheaper than getting a atv cooler($50 compared to $200).hoped to help you out.all of this i got and now going bigger. blown but not deceised!

Old 04-03-2000, 11:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

I do pretty hard riding and I love speed and jumping. eveything currently is stock. I go to the sand dunes quite often, but also do some trail riding. I want some serious power and Speed. hope that info helps.

Old 04-04-2000, 03:09 AM
Pro Rider

Not to be cocky at all, but check my list. I got more power and speed than I want. I've never had it in the sand but I bet I'd be flyin' in all senses of the word.

Serious speed and power also means you'll have to have serious suspension, handling and protection. Without everything your fun could be short lived by damage to you or your ride. The stock chassis has it's work cut out for it with stock power. You would never be able to harness and enjoy a lot of extra power on a stock chassis.

All this comes a a pretty serious price tag too! I got lucky with mine. I got it with everything done already. I got a steal too. I only took over payments on what the 1st owner had to borrow. He was forced to sell and really lost his @$$ on the deal.

Use common sense and try to buy as much at one time from one place as possible. they will cut you a lot of slack on a big order sometimes. Try to get as much direct as possible to cut out middle man profits.

Old 04-04-2000, 08:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

i have a supertrapp E.A.R. series exhaust on my warrior. the disks are nice to have. i can have a ton of bottom end, or a ton of top end, or in the middle if i want. it's nice for trail riding or racing. also, get some tires and rims for it. i would suggest bandit tires. they're nice looking and the hook up good. a friend of mine has them on his 400EX, and they work great.