Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

First trip to Glamis, where should I park?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First trip to Glamis, where should I park?

I printed out all of the maps at sandbros.com but I don't know which is best. We want to be pretty close to the action so I am assuming that one of the pads would work out well, but which one? Also, we will be driving a two-wheel drive explorer, should we worry about getting stuck? Last thing, will anyone else be out there that would like to meet up and ride? I've heard that Glamis is huge and we could easily get lost- someone that knows there way around would be great to ride with or at least tell us where the hot spots are. Don't worry about us slowing you down too much, we are not new to dunes, just Glamis.
Thanks,
JP

P.S.- I'll be going with newraptor2000 , he has posted in this forum I believe.

Old 11-20-2002, 07:25 PM
Range Rover

I cant wait to see your bike in action; King Raptor!!

Old 11-20-2002, 09:01 PM
Range Rover

Yo boogerbub, nice Icon. After we get back from Glamis you'll have to find an action Icon that shows a Raptor roosting a 250r.

ROFLMAO!!!!

To King,
Thanks for the help. If anybody else is heading towards Glamis Sat. night till Mon. We would love to meet with you guys.

Old 11-20-2002, 10:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

If you guys are camping in tents and need toilets. Anywhere along gecko rd will do. If you have a trailer or such with your own toity or you don't **** or ***** then anywhere else is good. The washes are on the side with the hills, Olds etc. Gecko rd is where the afternoon sand drags are.

Old 11-20-2002, 10:28 PM
Range Rover

wshrdskin

Now THAT reply will definitely come in handy. Thanks. Any other little tips and tricks?

Old 11-20-2002, 10:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Your first trip to Glamis, you might want to check in with the ranger station right at the beggining of Gecko rd. Get the latest info on rules etc. You'll get a Glamis pack with maps and information. Sand highway runs right along the road from gecko to the store on the other side of the dunes where the washes are. Thats the easiest way to get from one side to the other. Once you figure out what your needs are find a place to park. Your not new to dunes so you probably know the tricks and dangers of dunes. Enjoy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-21-2002, 12:25 AM
Range Rover

wshrdskin
what can you tell me about the green sticker thing for out of staters. Have gotten several opinions from people. Whats yours? I would love to have some input from somebody that lives near the area.

Old 11-21-2002, 03:51 AM
Pro Rider

Hey guys, keep in mind (look at your maps) if you park near Gecko road then you have quite a ride over to Comp hill/Olds hill ect.

Each way your looking at a 4-6 mile sand highway cruise. (just to GET there) The sand highways are not ideal wide open 80MPH either, unless you have 4 feet of suspention travel for the constant woops....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-21-2002, 06:38 AM
Pro Rider

if your ATV is registered out of state than bring your registration and sticker etc. .. if you are from a state which does not require OHV registration than you can purchase a temp green sticker

Old 11-21-2002, 08:30 AM
Pro Rider

I wouldnt purchase one myself, they do not have sticker check points. Save your money and enjoy yourself. If I were you I would camp in the washes. You still are close to the glamis store (showers $5) bathrooms(??) vender alley (food,PARTS,TIRESHOP,jjons if you are brave) but still away from the above IMHO.

Quick Reply: First trip to Glamis, where should I park?