Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

SUV... is it okay

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2002, 05:33 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SUV... is it okay

(blastermaster)- if you werent positive on your "thoughts" then why post mis-info? duh. 2nd, back to the topic- i just hope that trailer is pointed or slant roof because that denali is heavy and that trailer is a big parachute, so in turn LOTS OF RESISTANCE! poor tranny if not slant/pointed trailer. and yes, that would be one heck of a $hitty ride, no comfort at all when pulling that weight. those low pro tires cannot absorb any bumps at all under load. by the way... where DOES the $ come from?

Old 12-01-2002, 06:10 AM
Pro Rider

I had a '97 Yukon, it was a sweet ride, but in the shop way too much. I went through two transmissions trying to tow a small travel trailer and a utility trailer with quads. (Not at the same time!) The half-ton GM tranny is not capable of sustained towing even within it's rated tow capacity. It's gonna blow. If you are going to spend that kind of dough and you are going to tow, get the 3/4 ton Suburban or Yukon XL. The Half-ton GM tranny is crap no matter how much horsepower you put in front of it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-01-2002, 04:07 PM
Pro Rider

My mom pulls a big horse trailer with our '97 Tahoe, so far after 96,000 miles its still going good. I have heard of some of the Tahoe/Yukon's having transmission problems though, not sure how common it is though, but I can tell you that either the 5.7L needs more power or the Tahoe should have been lighter, it does have decent power though, great for pulling, and that thing turns so sharp its unbelievable.