Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Predator vs Raptor the drag race

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 07:50 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator vs Raptor the drag race

ROTFLMFAO thats the funniest Stuff I have heard all week, good old Polaris. Like Swy said taking Yamahas place.

edit: I wish I would have known my wife was logged in.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 12-09-2002, 09:24 AM
Pro Rider

sounds like time to rename it the "predaturd"

Old 12-09-2002, 09:30 AM
Pro Rider

who's STOCK RAPTOR was he going to race, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-09-2002, 01:18 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I am not at liberty to say. All i can say is there is 1 stock raptor around here. The owner of this particular raptor was in arkansas at the time of the race[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-09-2002, 01:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I don't think 14mins knows anybody with a stock Raptor.LOL

Old 12-09-2002, 01:29 PM
Range Rover

I hate to burst your bubble but I raced my buddy's piped and jetted 2002 Raptor yesterday at Sand Mountain in Nevada, up the regular Competition Hill and beat it TWICE. Not once, but TWICE. And Comp Hill runs from the base of the mountain up to the top which is at 400-450' and it's about 1/8 mile long.

First time I got him by 4-5 quad lengths and the second time it was by 2-3 quad lengths. And this was against a 100% stock Predator 500 with 9.5 hours on it. We were both running Sand Skate II paddle tires on 10" wheels.

Mine has started every single time without fail.

Rob

Old 12-09-2002, 01:38 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Rob- Chill out. I do not really care as we all run 686's around here. I have a nice 660 foot track with no whoops to make things even around here. I do not see the predator as a threat to any of the big three as far as that goes. Any idea what was wrong with the one that came out here?? Anybody in the polaris furom having electrical problems with there new predators? Is saw a recall on something??? Again i was hoping to ride it. It looked pretty good and i wanted to see how the sterring worked

Old 12-09-2002, 01:43 PM
Range Rover

I don't need to chill out but I don't like seeing people calling people and machines names.

No idea on the starting problem, this is the first I've heard of it. The recall is related to brake caliper bolts not being tightened properly (mine are fine). I'm not really a Polaris fan... I got the Predator for the suspension, which is awesome. There is absolutely no bump steer whatsoever and the whole machine is perfectly neutral. You can toss it around all you want, or if you want, it will track like it's on rails, regardless of the terrain.

I rode by friend's Raptor afterward (and he rode the Predator) and we agree that the Raptor has much more torque, but just doesn't rev nearly as well as the Predator. He described the Predator's top end as "explosive" and "a lot like a 2-stroke" (he also has a piped/jetted Banshee).

So what kind of power are you guys getting out of the 686 machines? My friend got to ride a guy's '02 LE Raptor with a Stage 2 Hotcam and high-comp piston and said my Predator felt faster. Meanwhile, I'm waiting for my pipe to get here... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Rob

Old 12-09-2002, 01:55 PM
Range Rover

I'm sure the stock predator can at least keep up with an stock raptor, It may have a smaller displacement engine but it has the newest engine technology.

Old 12-09-2002, 02:00 PM
Range Rover

I raced a Predator. There was 6 of us. Raptor w/WB pipe, 2 400 EX, Predator, 300 EX and me. This was on a track but at the start you drag race about 200 ft until the first turn. The piped Raptor and I was side by side then he let off right before the turn. I dont know where the Predator was but he wasnt in front of me or beside me. He ended up passing me and kick'n my *** on the track though. He was a much better rider. I got 2nd place.

Quick Reply: Predator vs Raptor the drag race