Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Please read and PLEASE wear your helmet.

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2002, 03:51 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please read and PLEASE wear your helmet.

I am glad to hear the story from you...

Please heal quickly!

If only PolarisMech,,,and so many others that we all know could have been so lucky...

Everyone please ride safe.

Old 12-16-2002, 06:07 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Glad you are ok. I look at a few photos that I have that show me getting some good air, without a helmet. I shudder when i think about what could have happened. Everybody, please wear a helmet!

RoostKing...

Old 12-16-2002, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider

Once again, thank you all for the support. I am healing quickly.

Jeff, I am looking forward to riding with you guys. I am seriously considering selling the banshee I was building. A friend has offered me what I have in the engine. This will help with the bills and I have decided to only drag race things in cages. I really wanted to build this bike, but things have now changed.

They have no idea what caused me to black out if I actually did. I really can't remember the wreck or even getting my bike back on the road after the wreck. The reason I think I blacked out is my tracks went straight until about 150 feet from where I wrecked. At this point, my tracks just kind of veer left. No clue what caused this. Cranking it into 6th on this bike is flat moving, at least 60 mph. 150ft would go by very quickly. I still can't over the fact that I was only taking a quick, straighline trip to check jetting.

Old 12-16-2002, 11:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

You still have no idea what caused you to veer off? If there is something still in the road, Im thinking some animal that you tried to avoid. Any blood(from the critter) on your bumper or front frame??

RoostKing...

Old 12-16-2002, 12:12 PM
Pro Rider

Best wishes and a speedy recovery! Glad your ok! Thanks for sharing!

Old 12-16-2002, 12:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Bummer alky! hope you get better soon and we all forget once in a while to throw on the helmet.but we have a rule if you ride with us wear a helmet we won't pick up your brains.and riding the the imperial dunes people are pretty vocal when they see someone with out a helmet.once again get well! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2002, 01:13 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I hate to tell others what to do. My kid wears a helmet or no riding for him. My wife does not wear a helmet but she does not exceed walking speed. lol I only wear i helmet when i leave my property or the going gets tough. Maybe i should make it mandantory to wear a helmet at the dragstrip?? My insurance company says no, buy doing so i take on responsibilites that i would not have otherwise.

Old 12-16-2002, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider

Roostking, the only blood on my bike appears to be mine. Lots of it on the seat, handlebars, plastic, pipes, etc. My friend and I have narrowed it down. I was scared by the sasquatch which was ran out of the bushes by aliens.

Old 12-16-2002, 05:03 PM
Trailblazer

AMEN, glad to hear you'll make it I witnessed an accident 2 years ago that split a friends helmet in half and vowed that I would never again ride with out a helmet and have stayed true I'm glad you got off easy on your "lesson"
get well soon and fire up that banshee!!

Old 12-16-2002, 05:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I was scared by the sasquatch which was ran out of the bushes by aliens.
Man you did get hit hard.LOL Glad to see it didn't knock loose your sense of humor.
And don't sell the bike, you'll regret it one day soon.....unless you want to sell it to me.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Please read and PLEASE wear your helmet.