Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Letters to Yamaha

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2002, 10:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Letters to Yamaha

Has anyone wrote a letter to Yamaha about their transmission failure on their Raptor? If so, did you get a response? A nice letter, not a flaming letter. LOL

Old 12-17-2002, 10:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider

No response. Read my sig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will purchase countless quads in the future......how many Yamaha's do you think I will purchase?

Old 12-17-2002, 11:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

I called them with no results,i have filed with the CPSC also.I haven't fixed my tranny yet,how is yours holding up with the 02 gears?I checked with the dealership where i purchased it , parts alone $415.33.By the way, Yamaha said I was the first report they had on the 01 transmission(yea right).Disgruntled 01 Raptor owner[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2002, 11:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have to agree,ialso will no doubt buy something different in the future!!!NNNOOOTTT YAMAHA[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2002, 11:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I've only ridden it once with the new setup. $415.00 will not hold up imo. My parts came to $745 or some sheeite. Other things get damgaed when the trannys let go. Of course it appears that things are cheaper back east from here in California. Californians never get a break, except for the weather, Ooops, its been raining quite a bit since yesterday, there goes that break. LOL I have also sent in my report with the CPSC as well as the follow up report they sent me to fill out.

How long ago did your tranny give away?

Old 12-17-2002, 11:26 PM
Trailblazer

any one contacted the better business berua, it doesn't seem like they would let them get away with it.

Old 12-17-2002, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

My tranny went out in June of this year, holding up great with the '02 gearset so far. My tranny parts were $430, I had no other internal damage (thank goodness)!

And yes, I have sent a letter to Yamaha (no flames) and an email ~ WITH NO RESPONSE!!!! Of course!!

I won't ever buy another Yami, not because all yami's are bad, but because how they have treated us '01 Raptor owners. I won't even buy their oil or filters anymore! I'm done with them Bas-turds!!!!!!!!!

"TOID"

Old 12-18-2002, 12:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well I dont know if I wont buy another Yami but man, has anyone had any frontations with Honda, Suzuki, Cannondale or even Polaris and had any luck? Please let me know because if they are like car dealers none of them are going to live up to their name. I have purchased a brand new Toyota Tundra 4x4 extended cab and had nothing but problems and they would never admit it. I ended up trading it in at my local GMC dealer and got a nice Sierra 1500 and have been happy since. And Saturn, thats another Losing company that came out of America. I can go on for them. That is my wifes car 2003 and we are looking to trade that in also.

Hope everything turns out ok.

Old 12-18-2002, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

All I know is that with cars, ATVs, or any motor/mechanical device, it's better to wait a year or two after the release of a new model to let them get the kinks out. even on the computer, look at AOL. they released 8.0 but it is riddled with glitches and it was only released for product testing among those who download it to get rid of glitches for 9.0. I hope your all following me. IMO you should have all gotten Banshees. Nothing like time tested tried and true performace and that 2stroke wail and kick.

but thats just what I have to say. I have nothing wrong with 4 strokes, my Wolverine is one.

Old 12-18-2002, 01:07 PM
Trailblazer

Ahh yes those first year models.....I have 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee(first year of new style).......nothing but problems[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Letters to Yamaha