Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Glamis 440 - fastest stock quad???

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 01:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Glamis 440 - fastest stock quad???

here are some of the highlights of the front page story here on ATVConnection...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ATV Connection had the opportunity to ride Cannondale’s newest version in their ATV product line, the “high-performance dune-devouring demon” Glamis 440.

We ended up racing a few other quads up the hill. It easily out ran all other stock ATV’s at the hill including the Banshee, Raptor, DS650, and even a few modified ATV’s (pipes etc).

We took the Glamis 440 to the sand drags, which is a relatively flat sand drag racing area with a few mild whoops in the middle...Beating all stock quads it raced along with some modified Banshee’s and 250R’s

During one of the races against a slightly modified Raptor our test rider let off the throttle to let him catch up, he looked over at the Raptor as if to say "is that all you got", then wicked opened the throttle and left him in roost!. At the end of the race the Raptor rider was NOT happy, he signaled that the Cannondale Glamis 440 was ‘number 1’ and sped up then slammed on his brakes at the last minute. Apparently he was so upset at his loss that he wanted to ram the Glamis 440! Nothing occurred and we continued racing. During the course of our racing only highly modified Banshee’s and big bore TR250R’s gave the Glamis 440 a run for its money. Again we were very impressed with what it was capable of!
-------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know if I'm surprised or not

Old 12-18-2002, 01:47 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THe Cannondale Glamis is hardly stock to my standards. I cant believe that they dare to talk **** about the banshees like the 440 owned them up the hill or something...lol.. they say "only highly modifyed banshees" could keep up with it? well the 440 is a highly modified machine!! its not just a nother cannondale its a modified cannandale (re-mapped fuel, pipe, god knows what else) Therefore, you cant compare it to a stock quad!!The guy is lucky there were no big bore banshees or nicely moded banshees, or big bore raptors. give me a break..its also a pathetically expensive quad..for the same money you could have a trinity banshee or an trinity raptor.
JMO

Old 12-18-2002, 02:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider

So the Raptor rider was so angry he almost went nuts and rammed the guy on the 440 LOL.

Old 12-18-2002, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider

Stock is defined as what comes on the machine from the factory.

It may be the fastest stock quad, but Im not to sure on that.

It may be able to beat a Piped Raptor, but once again not to sure.

Piped Banshees? NO WAY.

Old 12-18-2002, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider

Last I checked in Dirt Wheels with the Alba shoot out, there was a Cannondale Moto outfitted for the dunes and it lost to the Alba Banshee and Raptor in drag races. I don't think the Glamis Cannondale has any power or performance advantage over the Moto.

Then again it was another Dirt Wheels article.

Old 12-18-2002, 05:10 PM
Range Rover

Yeah I agree...I doubt that it can even hang with a piped banshee up a big dune...much less give it a run for its money. The banshees it raced against must have been extremely out of tune.

Old 12-18-2002, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider

I love it when an owner of a bike that gets beat gets all upset and starts denying a machines capability. 800, you sound a little nervous.

It may have been a little overstated but for a STOCK machine it sure is ahead of itself. Goes to show that CC's arent everything.

Old 12-18-2002, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah Juice, I know what you mean, I hate when people think it is a conspiracy when there quad doesn't win! http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...did/323333.cfm

Everyone does it!

Nocando

Old 12-18-2002, 10:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Well boy's i was there ran that piece of dog pooh and beat it three times in a row !!! on my stock bore ds on alcahol and it was no where near as impressive as they claim the two 2 fiddy r's i seen it run were whoptie'swhen i took him the third time he tucked his tail halled tail !!!!!! and i had toataly crap tires hargrove laughed at my tire im still hurt over that one stock gearing and stock head pipe id say that makes us about equaly stock!!!

Old 12-18-2002, 11:43 PM
Trailblazer

I think ya'll are trippin! I ride with cannondales all the time and there ain't none of them even come close. I have every bolt on they make, but no porting and .20 over. I have raced moto's,speeds,canniable's, and if I am correct the glamis uses the moto mapping. Even if I am wrong the moto has the strongest mapping and I spank them every time the gate drops.

Quick Reply: Glamis 440 - fastest stock quad???