Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yamaha financing question

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2003, 01:15 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha financing question

I'm thinking about getting back into the sport quad world soon, mainly because of all the nice company offers. It's starting to feel like Banshee time.

I'm just curious as to what my APR is going to skyrocket to after the first year. I remember seeing something about the standard APR after the first twelve months turning to 17.9%. That just seems unreasonable. Could someone clear some of this up?

Old 01-04-2003, 02:32 AM
Trailblazer

till the end of jan there is a 0-0-0 for 6 months....then it goes to 17.9

that is all that is running right now

Old 01-04-2003, 04:00 AM
Range Rover

You would be better off to use a local finace co. if possible. That way you would have the ten day window around the due date. Yamaha credit is just like a credit card. If you are one day late it cost you $29. At one time i was sending my payments 3 weeks ahead to make sure they posted on or before the due date, And those people were still posting my payment after the due date and charging me a late charge. I talked a multitude of trash to them and eventually the problem went away. Just $.02

Old 01-04-2003, 04:05 AM
Pro Rider

like goin to rentown, man, if you have to. but pay it off as fast as you can!
ps no discount for early payoff!!! been there [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 01-04-2003, 04:40 AM
Trailblazer

i financed thru yamaha using the 11% for the first two years then after that it goes up to 18%. im goin to try to find a job as soon as possible but it's been 3 months and i still haven't found a good paying job(im being picky right now, only b/c i can be), my payments are only $95 a month. im goin to try to pay it off in the first two years. when i get the job im looking for ill pay 4-500 a month if i work full time. but it had been about 5-6 weeks and i still hadn't received my first bill. i called my dealer and they said it could take up to 45 days to receive my first bill. a week or so later i received a bill and it had a 29 dollar late fee on it and the bill was for like 230 dollars or so. they never sent me my first bill and only sent me the second with a late charge, thats garbage.

My OTD price was 5999 for my 2003 LE raptor. plus i financed the yamaha 3 year extended warranty the dealer convinced me into buying, which i wish i hadn't. didn't have to pay sales tax b/c i bought it out of state. saved about 1200 over buying from my local dealer.

Old 01-04-2003, 07:38 AM
Range Rover

My deal was kinda screwed up too. I was supposed to get 10% for two years and then 17.9% thereafter. The first bill came and it was for 17.9%. I went to the dealer and he said he would fax them and straighten it out. Second bill came for 17.9% too, so I called them. They said they didn't get any fax. I told the girl to look at the original contract and see what it was supposed to be. She saw it was for 10% and fixed it. I guess it's not too bad. My minimum monthly payment is $88.00, but I pay at least $100.00 because it is a credit card and we all know what happens if you pay the minimum...

If you go with Yamaha financing, get the online service so you can watch every move!!

Old 01-04-2003, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

Yamaha financing is notorious for jacking people around. If you really want a brand new one, try financing through a local institution. If you can do that then maybe look into one that is a year or so old. Saves you money, and then spend the extra for performance mods. If you get one drop me a line sometime, we ride at Lake Murray a lot. Going tomorrow as a matter of fact.

Old 01-04-2003, 08:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well I guess I kinda got lucky on mine. I went with the 0-0-0 for 6 months but 3 days before that I went and financed it at my local credit union for 5.9% for the full loan!! I did that on both the Z and Raptor. It sure does help and it keeps the payments down. I do however pay extra when I get a chance.

Old 01-04-2003, 08:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have good credit and get cards in the mail with 0% intro. rates, buy it on the yamaha card and when the good rates on that are about to expire transfer the balance to one of those 0% intro. cards. You'll have almost a year and a half with almost no intrest to pay it off.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-05-2003, 01:51 AM
Trailblazer

right now all that is offered is the 0-0-0...as of the 31st of dec the other stuff ended...

new stuff will be out at the end of the month

till then u can still get the 0-0-0 and then transfer it after 6 mons

just checked it at work today...I pretty sure that is all they extended....we could get a new fax on tuesday tho

Quick Reply: Yamaha financing question